Sending a Parcel to USA

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Morning all

Has anyone used a courier service to send a parcel to the USA? I am returning a carbon front wheel back to the manufacturer for a warranty replacement rim after mine delaminated.

The parcel is therefore wheelbox sized and will be around 2-3kg in weight. Any recommendations for a tracked service??

Cheers
Paul

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    DHL or similar will do it no worries and you can track it all the way. Max courier wieghts are 32 kg generally - box sizes are detailed on the websites, but I've sent m/biike engines by courier by there has never been a problem.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Try UPS or Fed-ex.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Use a consolidator rather than going direct, tend to be cheaper than direct with UPS etc, have used parcel2go often (for Canada not US but little difference I'm sure) interparcel are another.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Wirral_paul
    Cheers guys. I'll try each of the above this evening and hopefully get the wheel on its way State-side tomorrow.
  • Wirral_paul
    Evenin all

Ended up booking through Trans Global Express as they came out by far the cheapest (although still seem expensive - but it goes on volume of the package). £41 ish with the carrier being UPS with online tracking.

I booked yesterday late afternoon, collection was very handy at lunchtime today with the driver checking I had attached all the correct paperwork securely, and scheduled delivery is by the end of Monday.

Pretty impressed with the service so far, and will be more than happy if my wheel arrives in Greensburg, South Carolina on Monday
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    DHL ????? are they not owned by YODEL now !!!!! - I think their was a yodel post and there was NOT one good post about them...just saying :D
  • Wirral_paul
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    DHL ????? are they not owned by YODEL now !!!!! - I think their was a yodel post and there was NOT one good post about them...just saying :D

No idea myself about either DHL or Yodel - but as UPS collected my parcel, i'm hoping all will be fine
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Good Luck with UPS paul. - Used them 2 times and both delivered on time + you can trace it's journey.
  • Wirral_paul
    cheers mate. Its currently showing as being at East Midlands airport so all good so far. UPS even offer email and SMS updates of progress.