SP Sonoma Gel seat on GT Avalanche 1.0 - does it look ok?

james_uk
james_uk Posts: 36
edited May 2012 in MTB general
sorry for this silly question, i just want opinions nothing serious, i have a GT Avalanche 1.0 (2011) which is the black / red one, the seat i had was a black / red colour and did match the bike really well, unfortunately the seat was very thin and i wanted a new one, i bought a sp sonoma gel seat which was advertised as black, and even looked it in the pictures online, and it also has some red in and seemed the seat i really wanted so i thought great, i will get that and it will even look cool and match my bike. it got delivered today!

to my surprise, only the very back of the seat was black and all of the main part of the seat was mainly a greyish colour, i have emailed evans cycles to ask if there is maybe 2 designs of this seat or if i have been sold the incorrect one, as im not sure how it can be sold as a black seat when its mostly all grey!

anyway, it do think the seat looks and feels good and would want to keep it apart from i keep thinking it doesnt really suit the bike, maybe im being to over the top, i just wanted it to blend in properly and look the part.

anyway can anyone tell me from the pic below do you think it looks alright or does it look like its not really a good look for the bike.
on top of the new one is my old prolongo seat which did look great for this bike.

20120509_190837.jpg

Comments