New coffee pod machine, REPORT!

drummer
drummer Posts: 246
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Chaps, pods and machine have arrived.

One word.................. WOW!

I ordered the 'sweet steam' model made by a company called RDL, which is Italian.
I ordered a box of espresso pods. The coffee is called Fida and I ordered these from the same site.

I ordered all the above from http://www.roccoco-coffee.co.uk who's coffee was recommended by a cycling pal.

I ran water and a pod through the system 1st to clear it out & then made my first drink.......

Fantastic!

I first made an espresso. As the coffee trickles through the system you get a full, proper crema. I'm not a huge fan of just espresso but I was shocked by the quality. Easily as good as anything I've had in any cafe in Europe (no, I'm not kidding).

I then made a cappuccino. Again espresso came through with a perfect crema. I used the steam wand on the machine. And along with my metal milk jug started to froth the milk.
Again, PERFECT!
I made a perfect cappuccino!! (yes me).

After! No mess. Unclamp the press and take the pod out! Bin it! Job done!!

For me! This machine is a revelation as its miles easier & faster than a bialetti or aero-press (I do like my aero-press more than a bialetti)'.

The standard of the Fida coffee supplied was really nice but I can also try other companies pods with the machine.

I'm rubbish with Flickr but I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

I won't sleep much as I've had about 10 coffees since lunchtime!!

Am I happy........... YES I AM!
chris

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Cappuccino please. With choco topping.
  • drummer
    No no!
    Cocoa spoils the flavour! :o
    chris
  • GiantMike
    drummer wrote:
    No no!

F*cking coffee snobs. 1 minute you're asking for advice, next minute you're arguing with the customers.

I want a large cappuccino, WITH choco topping, a biscotti and a sweetener. And I want the sexy waitress to bring it to me. In a sexy waitress outit. With big norks. :wink:
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Maxwell house please.

I have a Nespresso that I really like but I really fancy one of these pod thingies...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • drummer
    GiantMike wrote:
    drummer wrote:
    No no!

F*cking coffee snobs. 1 minute you're asking for advice, next minute you're arguing with the customers.

I want a large cappuccino, WITH choco topping, a biscotti and a sweetener. And I want the sexy waitress to bring it to me. In a sexy waitress outit. With big norks. :wink:

Hmmmmm! I'm tall and leggy but not in the way you'd like! Nor do I have 'big norks'!

I'm not a coffee snob! How dare you? You commoner!!

Not a snob pal just really like nice coffe but I'm crap at making it :lol: .

However, my prayers have been answered.........,AMEN
    chris
  • drummer
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Maxwell house please.

I have a Nespresso that I really like but I really fancy one of these pod thingies...

I'd recommend one of these pal. Every day of the week!

Not much impresses,me but.............. I'm impressed. :)
    chris
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Looks like a cool machine. With that much coffee you'll be paradiddling around the walls all night.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • drummer
    Hmmmmm, machine is warming up!

Pictures to follow.
    chris
  • GiantMike
    Chimpaccino?

057.jpg
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    My Gaggia Baby Classic has gone wrong so whilst its in for repair I'm using my old Gaggia bean to cup that is a backup.

So much bloody easier just pressing a button and out comes the coffee perfectly made.

Anyone want to buy a Gaggia Baby Classic?
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    bean to cup - every time! I like my ground to order :)
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Rancilio Rocky grinder with a Gaggia Classic machine - it's not a quick process (the classic needs at least 8-10 minutes of warming up) but what I get out of it is pure sex with crema that doesn't come from a powder so I can't complain.

I've had some very nice pod coffee and the choice of brews is pretty wide - but like Betamax and VHS, having just one standard would be better. E.g. is Tassimo the same as the Nespresso? Are there other standards out there?

Lately I've been trying some 100% robusta from Lavazza called Suerte - if you like italian coffee try a higher robusta content, 100% arabica can easily be quite bitter.

Any pix of your home creations?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    NOM

gb-moka-pot-250.jpg
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • drummer
    Read em & weep fella's!

Perfect espresso

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78251876@N ... hotostream

Look at this for a cappuccino!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78251876@N ... /lightbox/
    That's the used bag on the foil packet!

All made by my new best pal!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/78251876@N ... /lightbox/

Honest! Those Pringles aren't mine, no really they are'nt.

Couldn't be easier (even for me).
    chris
  • drummer
    Rancilio Rocky grinder with a Gaggia Classic machine - it's not a quick process (the classic needs at least 8-10 minutes of warming up) but what I get out of it is pure sex with crema that doesn't come from a powder so I can't complain.

I've had some very nice pod coffee and the choice of brews is pretty wide - but like Betamax and VHS, having just one standard would be better. E.g. is Tassimo the same as the Nespresso? Are there other standards out there?

Lately I've been trying some 100% robusta from Lavazza called Suerte - if you like italian coffee try a higher robusta content, 100% arabica can easily be quite bitter.

Any pix of your home creations?

Just ordered a Rocky grinder pal. What do you think to yours?

I love this Fida coffee that I got with machine, it's very, well, Italian cafe if you know what I mean!
    chris
  • drummer
    prawny wrote:
    NOM

gb-moka-pot-250.jpg

I've gone off my Bialetti Prawny!

Have you tried an aero-press instead?

I really rate mine. Only about £30 I think.

That said, I love this new machine.
    chris
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    i like my bialetti very muchly, I like the ritual of it as much as anything.

that said, and selling lots of good quality coffee is a big part of my business, yours look pretty good, i'll be round shortly.
  • drummer
    Redhog14 wrote:
    i like my bialetti very muchly, I like the ritual of it as much as anything.

that said, and selling lots of good quality coffee is a big part of my business, yours look pretty good, i'll be round shortly.

I was the same but I've converted to the aero-press more now pal.
    chris
  • prawny
    I'd not seen the aero press before, might give one a try.

I bought the moka pot because the espresso machine was a bit loud at 6 in the morning.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    Just checked out the aero press, would be perfect for work.

Only £20 too result.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • drummer
    prawny wrote:
    I'd not seen the aero press before, might give one a try.

I bought the moka pot because the espresso machine was a bit loud at 6 in the morning.

I'm brill with an aero press!

Let me know if you want any tips! :roll:

Quicker & cleaner than Bialetti but just as nice! If not nicer coffee.

This pod-machine will take some beating though!! :D
    chris
  • drummer
    prawny wrote:

Only £20 too result.

Go for the inverted method when brewing. Gives you a chance to get rid of the smeg and gives tastier smoother coffee!

Am I beginning to sound a bit 'anal'?
    chris
  • prawny
    drummer wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Only £20 too result.

Go for the inverted method when brewing. Gives you a chance to get rid of the smeg and gives tastier smoother coffee!

Please don't use smeg and anal in the same sentance, ooh I've come over all queasy :|
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • drummer
    prawny wrote:
    drummer wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Only £20 too result.

Please don't use smeg and anal in the same sentance, ooh I've come over all queasy :|

Did you get the aero-press pal?

I'm loving this Fida coffee from that roccoco site!
    chris