Cycling Shorts - Worn on the Hips

Matt631
Matt631 Posts: 24
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Hey All

I'm Looking for some advise as I just cant seem to find a pair of shorts that fit nice.

I have been on the hunt for some cycling shorts for a while now and I'm keen to find a baggy pair with a seperate click in liner. I've tried both the Endura range as well as the Mavic red rock but in both cases find the padding to be 'to up front' with the major foamy part of the pad not covering my sit bones. (an inch to far forward) Pulled up so I look like Simon Cowell and every things in the right place but they just don't feel right, I cant be the only slob who likes his trousers a little lower than the norm?!? What's your experience am i being to fussy or do such a pair shorts exist.

Is the padding suppose to cover my sit bones I kinda assumed it should.

Thanks
Matt

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    why not get some base layer shorts and then you can wear whatever you like over the top?
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    Get some bib shorts and if you want to wear baggys over the top then ou can wear whatever you like.
  • Matt631
    Matt631 Posts: 24
    Am I right in thinking that the most padded part of the shorts is supposed to cover your sit bones?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Correct!
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Matt631 wrote:
    Am I right in thinking that the most padded part of the shorts is supposed to cover your sit bones?

When you're in the riding position, yes.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Matt631 wrote:
    I cant be the only slob who likes his trousers a little lower than the norm?!? What's your experience am i being to fussy or do such a pair shorts exist.

Is the padding suppose to cover my sit bones I kinda assumed it should.

Thanks
    Matt

You want them pulled up - you don't want the plumbs loose, especially if you are out of the saddle and sit down quickly.. :lol:

Cycling shorts with civvies on top if you want. Having the pants low, watch they don't snag in the saddle nose.
  • El zilcho
    El zilcho Posts: 73
    If you click the liner into Endura shorts then the baggy part sits absurdly high. I just pull the liner up to where it's supposed to be and adjust where the baggy shorts sit with the little belt; there's no need to actually clip the two parts together.