Speedplay pedals first day on them!!

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Today went out and tried my new Spedplay pedals. Took a while to get use to but once a couple of hours in they were fine and dandy a lot easier to get in and out of being double sided highly recommend plus get a good feel through the Bont shoes I use.

Roll on!!

Comments

• rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    Glad you like em! When I got a set and wondered if I'd wasted my money rather than getting SPD-SLs or the like, but its the best change Ive ever made. Easy to get into and much easier when setting off uphill...

Enjoy!
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    They're great pedals (or is that peddles? :) ). I wrote a piece on my experience a while back. Don't forget to keep them clean - coffee covers are a must!
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    coffee covers are a must!
    Whats that? (And pedals is correct ;) )

I've got Look KEO pedals myself but since the shoes I got for those are quite crappy I'm using SPD's on my roadbike atm which works fine really. I'm thinking of buying something new though... Maybe a new pair of shoes for my KEO's, or SPD-SL pedals+shoes or Speedplay perals+shoes.

What I really like on SPD is the double sidedness so maybe I should go for Speedplays since they also have this. Or do SPD-SL pedals always level so they are easy to clip while riding? As I've had problems with the KEO's because they weigh more in the back to they tend to turn a bit which makes it quite unhandy to clip my shoes in there.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Coffee covers If you walk on rough surfaces without these you'll wreck your cleats in double quick time, at £40 a pop. :shock:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Never used coffee covers and walk to from the bike all the time once at work etc... Had them 2-3 yrs now and all's well
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?