Another Dolan Ares SL

iantaylor2uk
iantaylor2uk Posts: 21
edited May 2012 in Your road bikes
With Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheels. 48 cm frame. SRAM Force groupset.

Very very nice :)

P1000584_small.jpg

Have done the Mad March Hare Sportive on this (in March 2012), the Circle of Hope charity ride (May 2012) and a few time trials on this too. Great bike

Comments

• Nice looking bike, love the Cosmics on the Ares. :)

Popped into Dolan at the weekend to have a look around, good bunch of lads in there. I'm considering upgrading my Hercules for one of these in the near future.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    That looks great!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Love the colour.
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    The black and red paint scheme look brilliant. I want one.
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Just had a look on the Dolan website in preparation for my inevitable lottery win. :wink:

Couldn't find this colour, which years model is it?
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    woody1545 wrote:
    Just had a look on the Dolan website in preparation for my inevitable lottery win. :wink:

Looks like a custom colour scheme, Dolan have a configurator on their web-site that allows you to mix and match colours.
  • woody1545 wrote:

Thanks for all the comments. I love the bike too :D
    As dodgy has already mentioned, when you order a bike online from Dolan, you can choose whatever colours you want for the frame using a web based design tool on the Dolan website.
    I printed off the colour scheme I wanted, and took it along in person, as I only live about 1 hour or so's drive from Ormskirk. If you go in person you can sit on one of the bikes, get measured up for the right frame size etc, and choose what you want on the bike (eg on the website not sure you can get red bar tape, but this was not a problem if you turn up to the shop to order the bike).
  • dodgy
    Any idea what the weight of the bike is? I think I'm going to order an Ares but in Di2. I know that's a different spec, just want an idea of the weight of frame with forks I suppose.
  • Sorry not sure what the weight is - I would imagine it is around the 7.5-8.0 kg mark.
    I did weigh it at a mate's house, from a hook, and it was approx 9 kg (but it had a full water bottle on and a saddle bag with tools in and rear light attached)
  • dodgy
    LOL, why weigh a bike with a full water bottle? Mad haha
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nice.

I like the fact that they do the matching seatpost too.

Do they do stems?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • dodgy
    They don't do stems and they don't do duvets.

Sorry.

I called them up yesterday and the guy on the phone said he was happy to custom paint parts of the bike for no charge. Great service.