Am I the wrong shape?

izthewiz
izthewiz Posts: 154
edited May 2012 in MTB general
I seem to be the wrong shape for normal cycling legwear. If they're standard (non-bib) shorts, my disappearing ar$e cheeks (I'm getting to that age...) and extensive love-handles create a wedge shape that causes them to slip down, giving overtaking motorists a lovely Dagenham Smile :oops: and catching the crotch on the saddle.
Bib shorts/longs stay in place around the waist, but shift the problem to the next layer out - ie: baggies or overtrousers, and quite often the shoulder straps slip off.
Is there any aftermarket 'griptape' like you find on the hem of shorts that I can fix on? I've tried a smaller size on the bibs, but they cut me in half up the middle!
Can anyone recommend alternative cycling (no gimp suit suggestions please!) garments to keep my kidneys warm and dry?
The only bad view from the saddle is of the point of impact rising rapidly to meet you.

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Not sure I understand the problem but I'm a bit of a Simon Cowell when it comes to baggies/undershorts and like them pulled up...high :)

DH baggies/shorts tend to be cut low at the front and high at the back something like Dakine 8 Tracks are fairly unobtrusive but very roomy where it counts. Same for the undershorts have a look at EVS/Mace/Fox etc.

Could also look at the kidney belts from Troy Lee/EVS/Alpinestars etc they can be a little restrictive for MTBing but they have their uses.

HTH
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    .blitz wrote:
    Not sure I understand the problem but I'm a bit of a Simon Cowell when it comes to baggies/undershorts and like them pulled up...high :)
    Same here. I've even learnt to love braces from snowboarding, and use them on my stormproof trousers when riding in the rain!
  • sloppycowpat
    sloppycowpat Posts: 349
    i suppose you could try tit tape, called double sided body tape on amazon

might work :?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... it023wxd_b
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!