The Wahhhhndsday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning people!

Glorious sunshine here this morning - shame I'm in work all day. And looking at the weather forecast, it's going to rain in biblical proportions around 5pm - just as I get home. Great :roll:

Not much planned really. Minion is back, so I'll make her work extra. That's about as much fun as I'll have.

Laters
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Morning Crudditers

Finally accounts are nearly done. By this evening I shall have my life back!

So to get over the extreme torture of this annual penance and working on them over the bank holiday I'm away to Skye with some mate-ies for the week next week. few friends in a very remote mountain hut. No one, shop or pub for bleedin' miles. Some climby walking on the Cuillins, friend bringing up a pair of sea kayaks and some chillin' with a crisp bottle of white looking out to the Hebrides over the briny.
    I have a spare place going but as non of you lot are good looking enough, tough titty!

I just hate the packing bit. Always forget something and it seems to take ages when you have to take a weeks worth of food, drink, kit for different things and all weathers from mid winter to mid summer.

Anyway, I'm up and out now for a generic chain coffee (GCC). Nero or Costa? Don't fancy clearing my own table at those prices so probably Costa. Nice.
    Peter
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    DF33 wrote:
    Morning Crudditers

I'm away to Skye with some mate-ies for the week next week. few friends in a very remote mountain hut. No one, shop or pub for bleedin' miles. Some climby walking on the Cuillins, friend bringing up a pair of sea kayaks and some chillin' with a crisp bottle of white looking out to the Hebrides over the briny.

that sounds brilliant, have a great time mate :D

not much to do today for me, i'm knackered so may try and get in a sneaky nap :lol:

i'm back on the diet aswell after putting half a stone on whilst on holiday last week, so no bacons for me for awhile.....

laters
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Meh

Same shit different day.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' drippers and oozers

Work M'eh including two meetings today. Then home and out for chow and yatter with friends (not all of whom are imaginary).

That's my day in a nut shell. At least the ride in was dry and plesant. It'll make up for the monsoon at home-time!

Onwards! To coffee! And ambivalence!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Meh

another cack nights sleep and a day of meh planned. Good news is the canoe is on top of the car - ready for an after work play.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    come on friday, don't be a stranger!

got gas man over to do a landlords certificate today, then shops for foods then work!

its just non stop fun in this part of the world!

can we make this "abuse a minion day?" now that might put a smile on my miserable chops!

laters
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Ball got closed down early last night after some rowing fuckwits had a fight culminating in a few people getting bottled and the police being called. Thankfully this happened after I got my half colours :lol:

Uni meh this morning, hockey times this afternoon.

Laters
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    workmeh
    gymmeh
    sleep

Kisses
    FoxC
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    work meh
    asbestos hazard course meh
    pool :)
    40k+ tonight in rain doublemeh
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Morning Wasters,

Rain stops play - again, it's starting to pi$$ me off now :( Anyhow, got to stay in this morning while new kitchen tap gets installed and new ground anchors for the bikes finally go in. Think I will polish off the CV and start calling recruitment types and get the old job hunt started.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning crudders

Today is going ok so far.

Went out for a very wet and muddy ride this morning, totally covered, my black bike, shorts and jacket are now brown and my face looked like I'd sat behind a flatulent OAP post colonic irrigation.

Not much to do at work other than the usual work of now 6 people as I've got a minion on leave.

Dribbling minion is still here though, he should be used as an tool to stop children smoking, he now smells like an ashtray as well as dribbling on the desk. :roll:
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning worker ants.
    This morning has been visiting No1's School for her class assembly, Again it makes feel awkward in there as i'm sure all the teachers know that i'm not a god botherer like them!

This afternoon is my Dads funeral. Not looking forward to this one bit, but at least it might give a little clousure?
    Lots of mixed emotions etc etc.

Off tomorrow too so hopefully i'll get out on the velo and clear my head?

Onwards to a crap meal at McDonalds when dropping the little monster off.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    All the best with the funeral VW buddy, hope it goes as well as a funeral can go.

Morning all,

Picked up a new bike Saturday (well, it's an 08 model, but brand new.. it's sat in a garage for 4 years, so got it for a bargain price!) Shall be fettling later, to change a few parts over, possibly bleed the brakes (just to get them fresh) and fettle some more.

Today will be full of free lunch, boring meetings and more food. Suppose the food will make up for pivot tables, pie charts, forecasts, trackers and figures. Yawnsome.

Just looking forward to the weekend so I can give the new bike a proper thrashing. :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Take care bumboy,

Well today i am awesome, no idea why but i am and it can't be helped this evening will be filed with hiding from mad welsh rain and playing Staw wars on-line like a real geek.
  • thekickingmule
    Well today i am awesome, no idea why but i am and it can't be helped this evening will be filed with hiding from mad welsh rain and playing Staw wars on-line like a real geek.
    I'm guessing this 'awesomeness' doesn't expand as far as grammar though, as that was an utter fail ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Afternoon Homos!

Busy busy busy.

Got the thread up for the "cruddy weekender" last weekend in July. It's in the rides section if anyone fancies it. Should be a good one.

Laters douchebags
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I'm guessing this 'awesomeness' doesn't expand as far as grammar though, as that was an utter fail ;)

Or you being pedantic monkey either :P

As I always say, I work on a danish PC and i'm constantly fighting it's auto corrects.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    My day has just been somewhat livened up by being told that 'I'm going to hunt you down and f**king kill you' by a cleaner I've just had to suspend. Apparently we're trying to make him look like a poof because he'd have to dowse himself in perfume and wear a pink dress to overcome the personal hygiene issues we've discussed with him.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598

^^^ just laughed really loudly at this! Getting some strange looks now!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    A'rite Scuttlers

G to the A to the Z to the L to the A to the R comin at ya

Yeah just woke up after another night shift, off to the shops to buy some food then going to cook said food then go to work then go back to bed then get up tommorrow, buy some food cook that food go to bed, I mean I could go on....
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule

Or you being pedantic monkey either :P

As I always say, I work on a danish PC and i'm constantly fighting it's auto corrects.
    :lol: It's made me think about other things than work.

And a Danish PC just makes me want bacon. Mmmm
    Blender Cube AMS Pro