Shoes for wide feet

geobuchan
geobuchan Posts: 20
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Any suggestions for shoes to suit wide feet?. (On a bit of a budget £60-£100)

Cheers

Comments

• the_spooks
    the_spooks Posts: 190
    Northwave shoes fit my wide feet well, defo recommend them.
  • alwaystoohot
    alwaystoohot Posts: 252
    SIDI do wide fittings.
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    +1 Northwave, they were the widest that i could find, Sidi wide fitting just brings their shoe upto a normal width.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Specialized are normally a fairly wide fit.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    I spent last Saturday travelling around a lot of stores trying on shoes, I couldn't find one that stocked Sidi but for my feet I found the following from the main brands out there:

Bont ~ Too Narrow,
    Nothwave ~ Too Narrow,
    Shimano Wide Fit ~ Too Narrow,
    Specialized ~ Typically Too Narrow....

That being said the Specialized BG Comp Road Shoe was almost like a slipper compared to the rest, so I would advise giving them a try if you can find a stockist near you.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • rob21
    rob21 Posts: 284
    the_Spooks wrote:
    Northwave shoes fit my wide feet well, defo recommend them.
    +1 best fitting shoes ive bought :D
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    I went from some Spesh S-Works to some Sidi Megas. Lake also do Wide fitting by the way.

I posted on this in another thread a while back. I would first of all read how to measure your foot here: http://www.lakecycling.com/fitting-chart.html it then also has a link to the Lake sizes.

For Sidi sizes, see the measurements here (and also how to measure for Sidis): http://www.sidishoestore.com/sidi-shoe-size.pdf

I found these two the most helpful. Though I also found once I have bought the Sidis that I didn't get on with their footbeds and put a pair of BG ones in
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    I guess it depends on how wide your feet are....

Shimano are always too narrow and consider my feet 'wide'... I bought a pair of Northwave Vertigo Pro's and they are perfect for my feet.

Ideally you want to try them on in a shop. I couldn't find the or find the Vertigo's in stock anywhere around me in the sizes I wanted to try, so took a chance and bought online, knowing that it may take a few attempts to get the right size.
    Simon
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Specialized are normally a fairly wide fit.

+1 Spesh BG suit my plates of meat just fine and they're as flat as, er, plates of meat. :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    +1 Lake. I have pretty wide feet (2E) and find they fit really well compared to Shimano. I did size up (46 instead of 45), but that's worth doing for any sports shoe.
  • Shimano wide R087's are good for the money and in your budget
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack