Look What I Found

Dub L
Dub L Posts: 62
edited June 2013 in MTB general
I went over my mum's house earlier and saw my old bike sticking out of the bushes, I pulled it out, it's in quite a sorry state. It was my first "proper" bike, nothing special but I loved it to bits, don't quite remember how it came to be so neglected :(
7160002252_0d20766c9b.jpg

7160007420_84dfc0f198.jpg

7160028098_04b769efbf.jpg

7160021608_8cc8cfb5c2.jpg

7160015414_2c228bf6c2.jpg

Comments

• paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    You couldnt have loved it that much
    Poor bike :cry:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    May I suggest a skip?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    That's just criminal , i'd give it a good clean up and sell it cheap lol .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Polished up, good as new. £10 value. Though try retrobike and they may offer more. Probably not old enough though.
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    You never know there might be some one on here that could make use of it even if it were just for one of their kids to muck about on , so what size is it as it doesn't look very big in the pic's .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Doesn't look too bad tbh. I'd rebuild it and sell it.
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    youd probably spend more getting it back to a condition that is rideable than you would ever be able sell it for. Either refurb and keep as a momento, or skip / give away
  • Dub L
    I know it's in a sorry way. I moved out in kind of a rush, the bike needed repair at the time. I thought it had been left in the shed, clearly not. It almost broke my heart pulling it out of the hedge.
    It don't know whether to keep the frame for sentimental purposes or just scrap it.
    I am tempted to rebuild it with some bits and pieces I have laying around, but money is a bit tight at the moment so buying the things I don't have laying around isn't really that viable. It's a 17" by the way, so a tad too small for me these days.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Dub L wrote:
    I am tempted to rebuild it with some bits and pieces I have laying around
    have done this meself a couple of times it can be quite entertaining

Did this a few years ago it's an old Marin none of it is any good by today's standards but because it's shiny it sold well:
    p7140001.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Old Marins with quality bits sell. Old Hardrocks don't.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    That saddle will t-cut into shape.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Dub L
    cooldad wrote:
    Old Marins with quality bits sell. Old Hardrocks don't.

I'm not really looking to sell it, just thinking of rebuilding for sentimental reasons (and for the hell of it), then maybe give away to somebody for their kids to muck around on.
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    I can understand the desire to keep it. I keep holding onto my first decent HT frame as I can't bare to sell it, despite it being worth a half decent amount.

However, I wouldn't give any bike I built up to anybody I knew as they'd be straight round one their kid had wrecked it or face planted into the wall as a result of their own stupidity. :roll:
  • Dub L
    I had completely forgotten about this thread, I stripped everything off the bike and put the frame away in my mums shed. I still can't seem to bring myself to throwing it away for some reason. I'm still very tempted to restore it to working condition and just use as something to mess around on/pub bike.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'd be extremely tempted to bin it.
  • Dub L
    My head says bin it, I don't understand why I can't seem to. I'm not usually the sentimental type either, very strange.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    just clean it up and use for a bike to go to the shops on etc ?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Sell it to gt, it's better than his piece of shite.
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Fully rigid single speed seems to be the flavor of the month!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Dub L
    swod1 wrote:
    just clean it up and use for a bike to go to the shops on etc ?
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    Fully rigid single speed seems to be the flavor of the month!

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.