Haye V Chisora - who do you want to win....

thefd
thefd Posts: 1,021
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
I think they are both a couple of knobs....

Can't decide which I want to lose more :?
2017 - Caadx
2016 - Cervelo R3
2013 - R872
2010 - Spesh Tarmac

Comments

• humpyg
    humpyg Posts: 50
    I'm probably in the minority but hope Haye gets knocked out.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I'd prefer Chisora to win.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Where is the 'Can they both lose' option?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    It would be good if they didn't fight. If they both went back to school and got proper jobs, like a plumber and a teacher.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Fixed from the start.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Preferably a simultaneous double knockout that puts them both off boxing again never mind being in the media again.

In an equally dream world nobody would watch it and the TV channels would blank them. I'll be playing my part.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I will not pay for this fight. I hope no-one does.
    exercise.png
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Kind of highlights the farce that heavyweight boxing has become since Lewis retired. What sickens me is the fact that neither of these two is fit to even lace the boots of even dear old Frank Bruno yet they will probably both walk away with a small fortune after hugging and pushing each other for 12 rounds. Haye was a disgrace against Klitsko, just as Harrison was a disgrace vs Haye. Personally I would rather watch When We Were Kings for the hundredth time than either of these two chancers.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    The pair of them are a disgrace to the sport but I really can not stand Haye.............like someone above said, he is not fit to lace the boots of Big Frank. Funnily enough, I was just watching a DVD called 'Fabulous Four' which is about the golden age of middleweight boxing and includes fights between Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran.............now they were proper boxers!!!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Where is the 'Can they both lose' option?

This. The whole event is a farce and an insult to boxing fans.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    brucey72 wrote:
    I was just watching a DVD called 'Fabulous Four' which is about the golden age of middleweight boxing and includes fights between Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran.............now they were proper boxers!!!
    I completely agree!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Just to clarify, why the hell was there a barrier between them?

Yes i know to stop any untoward. But, surely this is sending out the wrong signals to newcomers to the sport! what an utter disgrace

I hope they right hook each at the same time and both get knocked out! pair of buffoons!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    daviesee wrote:
    Preferably a simultaneous double knockout that puts them both off boxing again never mind being in the media again.

In an equally dream world nobody would watch it and the TV channels would blank them. I'll be playing my part.

+1 for a Rocky style double knock out. It used to be bad enough listening to quality boxers doing all the talking but now mediocre (to be generous) boxers are talking like they are Frazier and Ali rolled into one. The proper action is down in the lower weight divisions these days.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Personally I am with Bill Hicks, lets give these dickheads chainsaws and improve the average IQ level in the area.

:twisted:
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I'm just glad Haye lost to Klitschko since he has proved himself to be a classless idiot who doesn't deserve to be remembered as a great fighter. If there was any doubt, him coming out of retirement for this nonsense fight proves he isn't in anywhere near the same league as a boxer or person as Lennox Lewis or Roy Jones Jr.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    nathancom wrote:
    I'm just glad Haye lost to Klitschko since he has proved himself to be a classless idiot who doesn't deserve to be remembered as a great fighter. If there was any doubt, him coming out of retirement for this nonsense fight proves he isn't in anywhere near the same league as a boxer or person as Lennox Lewis or Roy Jones Jr.

Or Calzaghe who just ignored the insults of that idiot from Nottingham who was accussing him of being a coward for not fighting him.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    I just want to know which idiots are going to pay to watch this (in person or on TV). Regardless of what you think about these two as people - they are both monumental pr!cks - they are mediocre heavyweights who are routinely in dull fights.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Hope Haye wins and then gets to fight a Klitschko. There's nothing else outthere for heavyweight boxing. Say what you like about Haye but the Klits are killing the sport. I didn't think Haye was that bad against Wladimir anyway, obviously lost but he never looked in trouble against a far bigger man reputed to be a big puncher, had he been more agressive / less one dimensional he might have had a chance. Probably explains why Vitali doesn't want to fight him, even though there is pretty much nobody else out there for him to fight right now
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    BigMat wrote:
    There's nothing else outthere for heavyweight boxing.

. . . errr Tyson Fury?

He'll be the next Brit to fight a Klitshco - I think he'll win.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    BigMat wrote:
    Hope Haye wins and then gets to fight a Klitschko. There's nothing else outthere for heavyweight boxing. Say what you like about Haye but the Klits are killing the sport. I didn't think Haye was that bad against Wladimir anyway, obviously lost but he never looked in trouble against a far bigger man reputed to be a big puncher, had he been more agressive / less one dimensional he might have had a chance. Probably explains why Vitali doesn't want to fight him, even though there is pretty much nobody else out there for him to fight right now

I dont rate the Klits but hardly think they can be blamed for killing the sport. I'm also not sure how Haye's pathetic performance against Wlad makes him deserving of another title shot - you say if he'd been a different fighter he might have had a chance!! What's killing the sport are fighters like Haye who dont seem to belive that they need to earn their shot - you know by fighting a leading contender or two and making it difficult for the champions to ignore you.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Paulie W wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

I dont rate the Klits but hardly think they can be blamed for killing the sport. I'm also not sure how Haye's pathetic performance against Wlad makes him deserving of another title shot - you say if he'd been a different fighter he might have had a chance!! What's killing the sport are fighters like Haye who dont seem to belive that they need to earn their shot - you know by fighting a leading contender or two and making it difficult for the champions to ignore you.

+1
    The problem is that the Klitschko's are just so much better than anyone else around in the Heavyweight division at the moment. They are classy fighters and come across as decent people unlike the two british numpties. Tyson Fury looks like he will get a chance against the Klitschhko's soon but I don't think he has the skill or experience to beat them yet. David Price looks like a good prospect and I would much rather see a fight between him and Fury than Haye and Chisora.

Away from the heavyweights the fight I would really like to see is an all british affair between Kell Brook and Amir Khan.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Although I've spent the last year trying to lose a little weight on my bike, let me know which one wins when the fight takes place and I'll spend a couple of weeks eating chips to get the weight back up and pop round and give 'em a slap.

Puddings a tell ya, both puddings.

And as for the klit's, I'll lick em
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    pauldavid wrote:
    And as for the klit's, I'll lick em
    Too much information :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.