frame mounted half-bash guards?

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm hoping for something like an e13 taco bash to replace my bash guard mounted to the chainset, but I'm running a superstar plasma device which I think limits my options. I don't think there's room to mount a device on the ISCG tabs or at the BB spacer but hopefully someone knows better. Is there an option out there for me or do I need to buy the e13 SRS to take advantage of a half guard?

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    an e-13 LS1 or LG1 would be my choice, my LG1 is by far the best thing I've ever bought drivetrain wise, its a superb piece of kit, very light, super easy to setup and the taco takes some fair old knocks no problem. unless you are riding somewhere properly rocky and have a stupidly low bb, I see no reason not to run a taco guard instead of a full bash. The LS1 is much the same only cheaper and heavier because of the steel backplate, so its probably stronger too.
  • bluechair84
    I'm reluctant to change chain guides as I've not long picked up the Plasma, if it's the only option to go LS1 or SRS then I'll have some saving to do...
  • I take it you have the plasma without bash compatibility? How do you find it?

I'm looking to get one of those as I want to lose my bash and I'm having issues with my current setup which I think is due to chain stretch.
  • bluechair84
    Yeah it's great, I feel bad for replacing it as it's pretty new, undamaged and works a charm. Not dropped a chain since I set it up properly. But I do have the full bash ring version... I'm being a ponce; I've bought an old M960 chainset and I'm going to trim down the spider ala Jeff Jones. It won't take the full bash then. Plus, the full bash is a bit overkill I find. I'm secretly a weight weenie so always watching the pounds.
  • bluechair84
    well I found a second hand LS1 and taco on Pinkbike last night for a good enough price, so I grabbed it. The superstar along with other bit's I've collated will make it to the classifieds soon enough.