Hidden story: boxer fails drugs test

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2012 in Pro race
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987251

They're confident the fight will go ahead despite the positive. Bizarre.

Interesting that the link on BBC sport homepage says: "Khan v Peterson rematch in doubt". The usual double standards on reporting doping violations for cycling vs other sports.

And don't get me started on Manny Pacquiaou refusing fights that require tests...

Comments

• cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Pacman's not that clear cut on the blood tests, but why refuse
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Boxing has willingly turned a blind eye to this stuff for years.

Google Evan Fields for a laugh.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Wasn't really hidden as I heard on 5 Live - but nothing of the crash at the Giro!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Wasn't really hidden as I heard on 5 Live - but nothing of the crash at the Giro!

I've half been expecting to hear the Stage 3 crash reported as "That Ferrari, blimey, was he on drugs?"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    How bloody stupid, probably down to too many beers & whiskies the night before or something, I'm sure he'll be cleared.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Boxing has a system whereby fighters have to sign up to random testing as Peterson and Khan did in this case. There is no compulsory random testing and fightesr are not always tested post fight either (depends on where they fight). This is the product of there being no global boxing organisation.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Its bizarre. I read that Peterson's defence is that it was something he took before the last fight, so nothing to do with this one?! Boxing needs to step up and comply with WADA. The odd thing is that Khan is desperate for the fight to go ahead as he wants his title back, seemingly regardless of whether his opponent is doped or not. Not sure what to make of it really.