Giant suspension linkage needed quick

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
The lower linkage on my Reign X has broken and I took this week off work to go riding :-(
Is there anywhere that is likely to have one in stock? Giant don't keep them in stock in the UK & have to get one from Holland which takes 4-5 days & by then I will be back at work.

Comments

• 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    The lower linkage on my Reign X has broken and I took this week off work to go riding :-(
    Is there anywhere that is likely to have one in stock? Giant don't keep them in stock in the UK & have to get one from Holland which takes 4-5 days & by then I will be back at work.
    Giant has had problems with the linkage on the Reign X, I think that they released updated linkages to solve the problems under warranty..
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    sounds like you're pretty much stuffed! warranty is gonna take a while, send it off to giant and get it replaced with the updated link.
  • 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    PS, did it break while pedaling?
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I think the only way you will get one quickly is to find a bike shop with your frame in stock, get them to take the link off that and pay them full rrp for it so they can order a new link for the donor frame. Or you could hire a bike, but this could get expensive.