Does cable routing matter....

Skunkworks
Skunkworks Posts: 8
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
I was wondering whether there is anything adverse on bikes with cable routing on the top of the main tube as opposed to underneath..or is this just a asthetic issue?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it depends on where your braze-ons are.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    They can be under and over the top tube, or under the down tube. I prefer the least outer possible which under the down tube offers.
  • Skunkworks
    right, thanks, fromt the picture I have of a bike I can make out some detail but not all,

http://www.sensabikes.com/product_info. ... cts_id=504

click on the zoom for a better view...

Thoughts about that?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's a bike. You do seem very taken with them. Any particular reason?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Skunkworks wrote:
    right, thanks, fromt the picture I have of a bike I can make out some detail but not all,

http://www.sensabikes.com/product_info. ... cts_id=504

click on the zoom for a better view...

Thoughts about that?

no thoughts other than.over priced for the weight.

routing can be an issue if you need to shoulder the bike in a race.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    No right or wrong way just how the manufacturer designed the frame and how the cables will run. Under looks slightly better but can be a pain if shouldering the bike.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Skunkworks
    Well I haven't heard of them untill quite recently... they seem to be a bit of a bespoke bike company...but from what I have seen and what you get for the price it seems pretty competitive. I don't know why everyone says it is so heavy as other bikes, similar price seem to clock in even heavier, unless I am looking at the wrong places....

11,4 translates into about 25 pounds...

I also thought that it is decently specced with a full XT set and Reba forks... again it seems very comparible to bikes even more pricey. I am just trying to get as much info as I can about what to look out for...

Thanks for looking though I do appreciate it.