Trouble rehydrating, any suggestions?

2»

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Yep. Bottled water is water taken straight from the source and passed through Ultra Violet screening to remove bacteria, but there's no criteria that says you must add any kind of chemical to prevent bacterial growth once it has left the factory.

Tap water on the other hand has to be UV screened, possibly part softened to remove large amounts of minerals that can cause issues like thyroid problems and kidney stones from repeated drinking (there have been many documented cases), and then chlorinated with the requirement that it is kept free from bacteria from the resource to the tap and all pipes in between.

People who pay out the nose for "special" bottled water that has medical benefits and other crap need to get a grip or get educated.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I will admit to buying bottled water occasionally though, mainly out of convenience, or if I'm in a different region where I don't like the taste of the water. For example, I really can;t stand the taste of the hard water down the South of England. Makes the stuff up here taste like angel's tears in comparisson.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    but there's no evidence to suggest that fluoride added to drinking water does help prevent tooth decay,

I've read plenty of evidence to say that it does!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1977 ... t=Abstract

Is just one.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    My drink for rides up to a couple of hours long is a 50/50 mix of cheap apple juice (the stuff from Aldi is my current fave) and tap water with a pinch of sea salt. Put bottle in freezer for an hour before ride and it tatses good and gives a small hit of calories, easy on my stomach as well.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap