saracen zen x anyone?

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
i've been looking at building up a long travel hardtail - but after seeing the review in MBUK and actually seeing the bike i really like the zen x.

i can sell my hardtail and i have a bike split where i reckon i can get a good few hundred quid together and i could afford one.

anyone got one and can recommend it? (i take MBUK reviews with a pinch of salt)

nice one..kev :D

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I used have the old version of the Zen 631 (from around ~2008) and totally loved it. Really good all round bike, was great riding all day XC epics and was also good fun sending it down a downhill run. It is a real do everything bike

I only changed it very recently as I wanted something with a longer top tube (I prob bought the wrong size bike) and wanted something lighter (turned slightly into a weight weenie and a steel frame is tool heavy even though it is made from fancy steel.)

If it was easy to get hold of a new Zen frame only then I probably would have gone for that. The Zen range has been getting great reviews for ages and the new bike have had geometry tweaks to fit in with modern fashion. I don't think you'll regret it.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    "castlelad" has one, see hear viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12847980&hilit=zen :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • I would buy the voodoo wanga in that price range, using NUSMAY12 to reserve online and get it for £899
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65499#tab2

Better spec and cheaper, although the zen x wins in the looks department.