inner tube sizes

kazordoon
kazordoon Posts: 5
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
The size on my tyres say 26x44/50 but when trying to get a tube online sizes come on a different notation, like 26x1.75/2.0

How to make the conversion?

Comments

• sethy
    sethy Posts: 14
    Just a guess, but I'm assuming 44/50 is just the measurement in mm.

hence, just divide by 25.4 to convert back to inches.

gets you to 1.73/1.96, which is near enough 1.75/2.0
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Fingz999
    Fingz999 Posts: 69
    I'd have a look at your tube if it has any markings I'm going to have to with mine as my bikes spec says its a schwalbe av17 which is a 27/28" where I know my wheels are obv 26"
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Tubes have nothing to do with the bike. Size depends on the wheel and to a lesser degree the tyre.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Tubes can be quite flexible on size, a Friend has a 36er which he runs on 29er tubes as they are much cheaper/lighter and easier to get hold of, he also swears by using 26x1.0-1.5 tubes as a lightweight tube option in normal MTB sized tyres (upto about 2.25" width), he has no issues doing this, I've done the same and the only punctures I've had have been one thorn and one pinch flat when I hit a skateboard that I mistimed my bunnyhop over at about 25mph.....(it rolled into my path on a road...)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Dub L
    Dub L Posts: 62
    Just don't use tubes rated lager than your tyres, I used the tube from my 2.25 Racing Ralph in a my 1.75 commuter tyres, they bunch up, weaken and puncture.