Any forum members living in Spain?

mac_man
mac_man Posts: 918
edited May 2012 in MTB general
More specifically Andalucia...

I'm looking for some riding buddies as the local idea of MTBing is somewhat different to the UK. Mainly involving riding along fire roads and other doubletrack :-(

There's quite a few companies out here doing guided rides, but that costs money. Double :-(

Just wondered if there's anyone else on the forum living out here that could do with an extra riding buddy. :mrgreen:
Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    mac man wrote:
    More specifically Andalucia...

I'm looking for some riding buddies as the local idea of MTBing is somewhat different to the UK. Mainly involving riding along fire roads and other doubletrack :-(

There's quite a few companies out here doing guided rides, but that costs money. Double :-(

Just wondered if there's anyone else on the forum living out here that could do with an extra riding buddy. :mrgreen:

when i lived in tenerife i found that paying for a guide was the best way to find the trails, then i could go off and explore the area with a better idea of what was about and then i'd bump into other people riding the same stuff and strike up a conversation with them :D
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Same as above used a guide in Portugal last year for the first ride to get a feel for the land and then go and explore by yourself after that.
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    omegas wrote:
    Same as above used a guide in Portugal last year for the first ride to get a feel for the land and then go and explore by yourself after that.
    Thanks guys. Had thought of that... but at 40 Euros a pop it's an expensive way of finding new routes.

Plus there's no way I'd ride them on my own. The trails are mostly out in the wilds with very few people riding them, unlike the average UK trail centre, so any accident on my lonesome could be a major problem.

I'll keep looking for other riders in the meantime though... :-)
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk