Mondraker foxy r frame cracked!

Mondy-John
Mondy-John Posts: 7
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Hi all, we did lee and cragg quarry at the weekend and had much fun. I did however notice a lot of movement and twist in the frame when putting pressure on the pedal whilst stationary. I gave the bike a good clean when I got home and came across a frame crack near the rear shock.
I'm not happy! Only had the bike since September last year and already had the free hub replaced.
I have read that the frames have a life time warranty, has antbody had the same problems? If so how long do you think it will take to get another frame and will they swap the whole lot or just replace the front body and not the rear triangle?
I have loads of trips lined up as well to trial centers etc, very annoyed!

If any one can answer I would appreciate it.

Cheers John

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Call Mondraker/ the Distributor for them, and ask. They'll be able to give you all the answers. I don't have any experience personally, but someone else may.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    The free wheel are bumf, but your the first cracked frame i've heard off, so be interesting to hear.

but my experience with the suppliers so far have been great. So i wouldn't worry. theses things happen.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Email the people you bought the bike from and attach lots of photos of the damage plus a photo of the frame number. They should start the warranty process for you straight away. I had to return 3 frames to the same manufacturer because of cracks and I even got a replacement swinging arm after 3 years. My experience is if its less than a year old you are most likely to get a whole new frame over a year you will get a new front even if it doesnt match the colour.

Be polite even when you want to scream, smash your computer and chew the furniture and allow for 2 months for everything to be sorted. Gutted for you but its worth it in the end.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    Hmm, a mate at works Mondraker has cracked in several places near the rear shock. Unfortunately for him he bought it second hand.
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    stubs wrote:
    allow for 2 months for everything to be sorted.

Unless its a Specialized, usually takes around a week.....
    Bad luck mate. Does the bike look tidy? No big dents or scratches? Give it a really good clean and polish, so it looks like the bike sleeps in cotton wool. All helps the effect that it "just failed", however hard you ride it.