Tutorial needed

freddiegrubb
freddiegrubb Posts: 448
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
I've noticed when some folk reply to a topic they post all or a section of the subject in question, I'm familiar with cut/copy & paste but only in a classroom enviro. & using the windows publishing prog. Also how do you pm. somebody?

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    tutorialpr.png
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I've noticed when some folk reply to a topic they post all or a section of the subject in question, I'm familiar with cut/copy & paste but only in a classroom enviro. & using the windows publishing prog. Also how do you pm. somebody?

To quote as above just press the 'Quote' button top right of post you want to quote

To edit that, take out what you don't want between the beginning and end quote boxes eg
    I've noticed some folk in a classroom
    Use 'Preview' button to see what you've done is correct

To pm either click on persons name to the left of their post etc which will take you to their forum page where there is a PM-send private message link or press pm below their avatar/forum name to PM and quote/refer that post in your pm.

T1ts and bums have to be included manually.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • freddiegrubb
    freddiegrubb Posts: 448
    To quote as above j Many thanks Mr. Adge another of lifes great mysteries solved
  • Aggieboy
    Many thanks Mr. Aggie another of lifes great mysteries solved

FTFY

Can you do it? :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    On that...

How do you put a web link inside some text? So instead of viewforum.php?f=30005 I could have the word 'here' and if you clicked on it it would open a url.
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Aggieboy
    TheFD wrote:
    On that...

How do you put a web link inside some text? So instead of viewforum.php?f=30005 I could have the word 'here' and if you clicked on it it would open a url.

[url=paste link]Here etc[/url]
  • TheFD wrote:
    On that...

If you make it look like this -
    [url=http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=30005]here[/url]

this is the result you will get -

here

So, just add ' =www.link ' inside the first square bracket and put the word(s) you want to appear on screen (eg. "here") between the square brackets.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Like This
    Ahh - thanks guys!!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Whilst we're on tutorials, can anyone tell me how I can break into Aggie's basement?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Whilst we're on tutorials, can anyone tell me how I can break into Aggie's basement?

Numerous methods. I do not know why you actually want to get into his basement because its liable to flooding and Claire Balding resides there. However:

Method 1: You need a fishing rod, some line and and Eccles Cake - Just tease him out with it. Does'nt need to be a hot Eccles cake as he has a very, very keen sense of smell. When he is lured out, you go in. Simples. Bit like no. 2:
    Method 2: Tie a sheep up outside
    Method 3: The Dresden technique. Take one of aggies munters. Feed her copious quantities of Cleat Mash. This is a methanous cocktail of Beans, McEwans Export, Mashed Potato, Cous Cous and Brussel Sprouts. Point her in the direction of aggies house and await exit of exhaust fumes. Upon exit of fumes, light.
    Method 4: The Mole. Same as method 3, except bend Munter over by use of sexual promises100yds from basement whilst igniting fumes.

Caution: Please wear the appropriate safety equipment for methods 3 and 4. Asbestos 'big 6' roofing sheets make great heat shields.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Aggieboy
    Gizmodo wrote:

Getting in isn't the problem, it's getting out.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Gizmodo wrote:

Getting in isn't the problem, it's getting out.

Here is a short clip of Aggieboy in his basement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVzlTRIb ... detailpage
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!