Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Homeland

Redhog14Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
So it finished last night... new series in Sept apparently, but will it go the way of Heros, Flashforward etc and get canned mid way through S2 or get lost like Lost? i.e. those watching 6 years from now have not been there from the start.

Posts

  • freddiegrubbfreddiegrubb Posts: 448
    Quote disappointed with the ending so much ending in the air, I think a lot of series/ sequels if they carry on seem to run out of energy & plot lines. For me the yardstick for sequels is French connection. 1 & 2 .
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    I think it would have been better with it being just one series. I'd heard they'd signed up for series 2 a while ago so it kind of took some of the drama out of the ending.

    Did the original Israeli version just run to one series ?
  • nathancomnathancom Posts: 1,567
    I think it all depends on whether they have the same calibre of actors for future series. Claire Danes was excellent the entire series.

    For me that is what made this series, not the plot, since that was not much more interesting than the fodder in 24 etc.
  • morstarmorstar Posts: 5,744
    I really enjoyed last nights episode. I was totally 'in the moment' when they were holed up in the bunker. It was unbelievably tense.
    I thought the ending was quite a good closure point too. The heroine was right all along but unfortunately in a bit of a pickle.
    The character development of Brody has been good too. You're very empathic to his quest despite his intentions.
    I think the programme makers have learnt from the other recent falls from grace of big budget tv dramas by not making it a 24 week series. It should comfortably do 2 or maybe 3 series without descending into fanciful nonsense in a struggle to fill tv hours.
  • Redhog14Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    It was very much the characters that made this for me, but I wish the septics would learn to let a good thing lie. The BBC make excellent one off dramas or short runs but I fear that the US Networks need to sell ad space means they drag things on for too long. On another note I find it very sad to see Yoda now starring in censored vodafone ads.
  • AggieboyAggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Last year I was in the Oakley store at Westfield in London talking to a friend who works there. In walked Damian Lewis, if it happens again I'll be watching his right hand :lol:

    I enjoy the prog' and hope it doesn't out live itself. May have been best if he'd managed to blow them all up proving Claire Danes correct.

    The best thing in the prog' for me is Mandy Patinkin and his cool understated acting. He can never do any wrong for me though as he was brilliant as Inigo Montoya in one of my all time favourite films...

    Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die! 8)
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • thegreatdividethegreatdivide Posts: 5,626
    Redhog14 wrote:
    It was very much the characters that made this for me, but I wish the septics would learn to let a good thing lie. The BBC make excellent one off dramas or short runs but I fear that the US Networks need to sell ad space means they drag things on for too long. On another note I find it very sad to see Yoda now starring in censored vodafone ads.

    I think the BBC need to learn a thing or two from the US about making good drama again. The US is now leaps and bounds ahead of the UK. Look at the stuff AMC, HBO, Showtime and TNT are putting out these days, a lot of it is amazing. Even the US remake of The Killing is great.
  • morstarmorstar Posts: 5,744
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Last year I was in the Oakley store at Westfield in London talking to a friend who works there. In walked Damian Lewis, if it happens again I'll be watching his right hand :lol:

    I enjoy the prog' and hope it doesn't out live itself. May have been best if he'd managed to blow them all up proving Claire Danes correct.

    The best thing in the prog' for me is Mandy Patinkin and his cool understated acting. He can never do any wrong for me though as he was brilliant as Inigo Montoya in one of my all time favourite films...

    Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die! 8)
    I do not think that means what you think it means.
  • AggieboyAggieboy Posts: 3,996
    morstar wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Last year I was in the Oakley store at Westfield in London talking to a friend who works there. In walked Damian Lewis, if it happens again I'll be watching his right hand :lol:

    I enjoy the prog' and hope it doesn't out live itself. May have been best if he'd managed to blow them all up proving Claire Danes correct.

    The best thing in the prog' for me is Mandy Patinkin and his cool understated acting. He can never do any wrong for me though as he was brilliant as Inigo Montoya in one of my all time favourite films...

    Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die! 8)
    I do not think that means what you think it means.

    I'm not left handed either.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Redhog14 wrote:
    So it finished last night... new series in Sept apparently, but will it go the way of Heros, Flashforward etc and get canned mid way through S2 or get lost like Lost? i.e. those watching 6 years from now have not been there from the start.

    SPOILER ALERT IN TITLE PLEEEZE. Some of us work shifts and use catch up. :wink:
  • kentphilkentphil Posts: 479
    I really enjoyed the series and look forward to series2.
    They never made anything of those hand signals Brody was doing in press conferences soon after he was released did they?
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • AggieboyAggieboy Posts: 3,996
    KentPhil wrote:
    I really enjoyed the series and look forward to series2.
    They never made anything of those hand signals Brody was doing in press conferences soon after he was released did they?

    They assumed it was a code but never picked up on that it was a substitute for prayer beads.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • joshr96joshr96 Posts: 153
    Had the whole family in a static caravan in Scotland watching it on a tiny TV, waiting for the series to go out with a bang, quite literally, very disappointing..
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • alihisgreatalihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Aggieboy wrote:
    KentPhil wrote:
    I really enjoyed the series and look forward to series2.
    They never made anything of those hand signals Brody was doing in press conferences soon after he was released did they?

    They assumed it was a code but never picked up on that it was a substitute for prayer beads.


    She did pick it up when she was questioning him at the cabin in the woods?

    At least that's how i remember it.. i watched ahead online so finished the series ages ago.
  • alanp23alanp23 Posts: 696
    Just caught up last night on 4OD after a bit of a Sky+ disaster.

    Brilliant series, tense the whole way through. The final episode was spoiled for me though with my wife piping up after ten minutes saying "You do know there is a second series don't you?" :evil:

    However, that left me in a position where I still didn't really know if he was going to press the button - There was still a chance he was going to blow them all up and then the next series would deal with the aftermath...

    The acting was terrific and I do think Claire Danes in the last couple of eps has been superb.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • nolancenolance Posts: 79
    I feel as if the writers ran out of ideas after a brilliant start.It would have been better if Brody had done the deed in the bunker and ended it there and then.Where can the second series go now? Brody to become a politician and do Nazirs work from congress? Wow how exciting will that be!
    More disappointing was after the first few raunchy episodes we didn't get any more of Brody's mrs!
  • islwynislwyn Posts: 650
    The ending annoyed me, I wanted justice!!!!!!!!!!! Understand it needed a cliff hanger... Butt..... Gutted, I would've like it if Tom tried shooting Brody.
  • Redhog14Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Islwyn wrote:
    The ending annoyed me, I wanted justice!!!!!!!!!!! Understand it needed a cliff hanger... Butt..... Gutted, I would've like it if Tom tried shooting Brody.

    This is what I thought was going to happen, that Tom had not turned afterall.
  • davieseedaviesee Posts: 6,386
    More importantly for the second series - Who is the mole?
    I have my theory.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Redhog14Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    daviesee wrote:
    More importantly for the second series - Who is the mole?
    I have my theory.

    What mole?
  • beancounterbeancounter Posts: 369
    Redhog14 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    More importantly for the second series - Who is the mole?
    I have my theory.

    What mole?

    Geez.

    You did watch it, didn't you?

    bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • Redhog14Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Redhog14 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    More importantly for the second series - Who is the mole?
    I have my theory.

    What mole?

    Geez.

    You did watch it, didn't you?

    bc

    Yes but I suffer from short term memory loss... what mole?
  • beancounterbeancounter Posts: 369
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Yes but I suffer from short term memory loss... what mole?

    Abu Nazir's mole in the CIA.

    My money's on Saul.

    bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • davieseedaviesee Posts: 6,386
    Redhog14 wrote:
    What mole?
    http://www.soundonsight.org/homeland-ep ... lar-close/

    Well they ask the same question. Who?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Redhog14Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Saul is quite an obvious one but seems the most likely he had opportunity a plenty to off the Prince's girlfriend and slip the razor blade to the guard, but so did Estes...
Sign In or Register to comment.