Choosing a 100mm fox float fork

Andy_Newlands
Andy_Newlands Posts: 13
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to get a fox float fork for a hardtail bike i'm building up, it's going to be a 100mm travel version. i've narrowed it down to either a FIT RLC, FIT Remote or FIT Terralogic. the best prices i've seen for them are:
RLC: 1057 NZD
Remote: 1165 NZD
Terra: 1199 NZD

The terralogic seems like quite an interesting fork but from reviews i've seen around it doesn't seem to soak up the bumps at lower speeds as well as the other forks. Also alot of people rave about low speed compression, but previously coming from factory built bikes that have always come with RL spec forks i've never really experienced the difference it can make.
The remote model looks like it basically only comes with a RL damper which is my only concern with the price

So any experience with any of these forks would be great as i'm really quite stuck as to which one to get
2011 Specialized Stumpy Expert EVO

Comments

• 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    I would get a FIT RLC. For me, the compression adjustment outweighs the need for remote. I can't say anything about the Terralogic, though, a friend of mine owns the 2012 version and is pretty satisfied. :)
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Rockshox Revelation.

Hi Andy, where are you in NZ. I used to live in Auckland - Howick and Kohimarama.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 386ka
    RS Revelation and 100mm of travel?
  • cooldad
    Oops?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • 386ka
    cooldad wrote:
    Oops?
    Confess that you just wanted to know where he lives! :D

@Op, also, take a look at Reba/SID options of the RS line...
  • Yea not having compression adjustability has put me off the remote fork so really now i'm choosing between rlc and terralogic.

I'm in tauranga but do most riding over in rotorua as the redwoods are far better than anything over in tauranga.

I've had a look into the sid and reba, which can be a fair bit cheaper than fox but i've always been a fox fan and having the thru axle on the 100m forks was something that really sold me on getting one of them. RS only seem to do thru axles on 120mm and above. Also dual air seems to be a real pain in the ass to work with when something goes wrong, based purely on reviews i've read along the way.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Dual air is a piece of piss to work on . Sure you can get 20mm in 100mm.

Fox are not that good.

Have you found vorb and rotorburn forums? (NZ and AU).
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Nowhere that i've looked has got any RS 100mm sid forks with thru axles, and i've been through hundreds of sites hoping to find some. I had originally been keen on a set of xx world cup forks as they are similarily priced to the terralogic just a great deal lighter. But the thru axle was one thing i wanted, sure with only 100mm it may not be as much of a difference as with larger travel but why go for a part that has been superceded with something considered alot better
  • cooldad
    Nice part of the world as long as you don't ride into a pit of boiling mud.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools