No more complaints. Ever.

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
With apologies to the publication I found this in, because this gentleman is my new hero. This photo was taken while he was participating in the "Haute Route" tour through the Alps. That's right, the 7 day tour that among other things, had one day with riders climbing the Madeleine, Telegraphe and Galibier cols. It also went over the Cime de la Bonette, just over 9,000 ft elevation.

I cannot begin to imagine how tricky it would be just to grab one of those water bottles without crashing, let alone climb the frikkin' Alps. PLEASE NOTE: He is not even using a triple crank!

7004116270_c331059ced_b.jpg

The caption is wrong. It should say "MTFU" instead of "honorable". (Yes, an American mag).

I never want to hear any whinges about headwinds, or a little rain, or PF visits again. Got it? :D
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Certainly looks like he could drop every one of us along the embankment.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Wow, I was so wrong, even a double amputee can ride a bike. I guess I'll have to specify both arms or both legs.

Is anyone else thinking about what an SPD fail would look like?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • *Cough* Granny gear *cough*
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Besides - he has a huge weight advantage over the rest of us - a whole leg. Plus the non drive side crank and pedal. I wonder what performance gains I might achieve if I cut one of my legs off......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    prj45 wrote:
    Certainly looks like he could drop every one of us along the embankment.

No worries there, shaved leg roadie, team kit, clipped in = FCN 0 so I'm safe. Maybe there should be a number of limbs modifier......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Del + backspace.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    I'm with Rolf on this one: chap needs another leg. Anything else is cheating.
    Well done that man...Chapeau !!!
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Rolf F wrote:
    Besides - he has a huge weight advantage over the rest of us - a whole leg. Plus the non drive side crank and pedal. I wonder what performance gains I might achieve if I cut one of my legs off......
    You're a very bad man for even thinking such a thing. Strangely, that was my first thought too.
    Second look revealed bar end shifter and sti so he can shift front and back with one hand. That is one determined fella, hats off to him.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I can't help wondering how he operates both brakes though

Inspiring photo
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Second look revealed bar end shifter and sti so he can shift front and back with one hand. That is one determined fella, hats off to him.

Yes noticed that. If anybody could benefit from Di2 shifters it's this man!

He's gone straight to the top of my Four People You Would Invite To Dinner list. The other three on that list would have to help themselves at the buffet.
    CiB wrote:
    Del + backspace

WTF? :?: :?:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • CiB
    edited May 2012
    He could rig up a Di2 setup with TT changers all on the r/h side to allow access to the full range of gears, and perhaps then offer his services to Shimano as a test bed for automatic gear changing, mind operated brakes (i.e. Jeeez stop... and it does) etc.

I reckon he needs rear brakes on that like he needs a hole in the back err I mean head.
  • CiB
    CiB wrote:
    Del + backspace
    WTF? :?: :?:
    I removed a snide comment that may have suggested I didn't believe this to be a completely genuine pic. :wink:
  • If anybody could benefit from Di2 shifters it's this man!

I assumed he must have been able-bodied before he ordered the Di2 shifters. Don't you know that they cost an arm and a leg? :roll:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem