2011boardman team carbon, with some yellow bits

steve_muzzy
steve_muzzy Posts: 259
edited May 2012 in Your road bikes
2012-05-06115403.jpg

It's amazing the change some tape and tyres make (deda yellow bar tape and ultremos)

Next step is changing the SRAM group set to 105 or ultegra - have that on the allez elite and far prefer

Comments

• Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    That sure looks nice mate, i'm getting a new bike in the next few weeks, either the Trek Madone 5.2 or CAAD10, but after seeing your Boardman, i'm tempted to change my mind!

Although, as you've posted, i set my sights on Ultegra groupset which i have on my bike at the moment and has worked perfectly for the last 2 years, they don't do Boardman standard with Ultegra do they?
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    P.S. Just looked on the Boardman website and you can get a Boardman with Ultegra, its the Air 9.2, but where do you buy these from because they are not on the Halfords website?
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Halfrauds aren't allowed to distribute the top top end Boardmans because of their awful track record of putting them together.

Think the Boardman website will have a list of stockists.
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Bike science do them.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Soni wrote:
    P.S. Just looked on the Boardman website and you can get a Boardman with Ultegra, its the Air 9.2, but where do you buy these from because they are not on the Halfords website?

The bike factory in Chester do the top end Boardman range. Look good.

www.thebikefactory.co.uk

Plumped for the new Madone 5.9 with Di2 from there. Great service and advice.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    nice but yellow upgrades are almost more common than the standard black everything now. Thats why i went for brown fizik tape and brown charge spoon knock off saddle. looks class and fits with the understated looks of the bike.
  • al-hardman
    al-hardman Posts: 21
    Nice.... I went for white bits on my 2010 and I Think Mr Boardman only went and copied ME on this years model...lol :D After seeing yours I might go yellow next. I think you need a yellow saddle to set it all off though..?? Maybe a cheep and cheerful Selle SMP Strike in Yellow...???

Winter bike :- Trek Soho
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/58472678@N08/5361685962/
    Summer bike :- Boardman Team Carbon
    http://flic.kr/p/9bAgrw
  • steve_muzzy
    al-hardman wrote:
    Nice.... I went for white bits on my 2010 and I Think Mr Boardman only went and copied ME on this years model...lol :D After seeing yours I might go yellow next. I think you need a yellow saddle to set it all off though..?? Maybe a cheep and cheerful Selle SMP Strike in Yellow...???

Like the yellow saddle idea, however I don't want to add weight if possible, will shop around
  • steve_muzzy
    Chadders81 wrote:
    Halfrauds aren't allowed to distribute the top top end Boardmans because of their awful track record of putting them together.

Think the Boardman website will have a list of stockists.

I had problems, they had clamped the gear cables too tight and it was ghost shifting, quick service at lbs solved all, however I still prefer the 105s on my allez elite