Cruddy Garden

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
So, after my ride this morning was cut short by an almighty hailstorm (no shlt, they were like fkn snooker balls!) I got home and the sun was shining. I took this as a sign I was supposed to do some work in the garden, which has been left to grow wild since I broke my leg.

Before...

2012-05-06113718.jpg

During (that's like my obvious that is).....

2012-05-06114550.jpg

The CC tribute driveway........

2012-05-06150840.jpg

After........

2012-05-06185801.jpg

2012-05-06185840.jpg

The more observant amongst you will note we have a neopolitan flavoured patio. Not my fault, it was like that when we moved here. The plan is eventually to rip up the strawberry and vanilla flavoured flagstones, and stick down some turf for the kids to play on. They can't really play down the bottom bit of the garden right now because the previous owners seem to have just grassed over rubble or something, it's the most uneven ground I've ever come accross.

Going to leave it to dry, then whack down some mega-ultra-death formula weedkiller tomorrow, before topping it all off with sharp sand and cement in a week or 2 when it's properly dry (apart from the bits that are coming up).

I also jetwashed the conservatory, the walls of the house, the windows. I've gone jetwashing crazy (refrained from doing the bikes though ;) ).

Comments

• mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    LMAO so today you drew a huge penis and tomorrow you will weed :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    mak3m wrote:

Well................. yeh.

But when you put it like that it sounds like it wasn't a day well spent.
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    That’s a mighty fine obvious you've got there, real attention to detail. It's nice to know in a society of ever-greater graffiti there’s someone out there 'reping' the old school nob and balls. Good show.

In all serious though that must have taken a little while? Its like a JML advert!
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Took 5hrs in all, to do patio, 2 car drive, path down the side of the house, conservatory, porch, house walls and downstairs windows.
    Oh, and I did my fivetens too as they were a bit grim. :lol:
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    mak3m wrote:

Well................. yeh.

But when you put it like that it sounds like it wasn't a day well spent.

hell no bankholiday sunday, I would say you may have pushed it too far, reconsider tomorrows weeding ;)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    So because we have a hosepipe ban, you decided to use the Jetwash instead? :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    No bank holiday Sunday for me either, spent the day fitting new kitchen cupboards and doors.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Pffffffffff, hosepipe ban.

We've got PLENTY of water to go round over here,.

Plus,

I've got your hosepipe RIGHT HERE!
  • Daryl_C
    Daryl_C Posts: 15
    i sill can't do anything in our garden! the lawn and borders are about 1/2 inch under water! (this has decreased, but has been waterlogged for over week and a half!) looks like its an issue with original build as the neighbours are just as bad!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Would have loved it if the jet wash had broken after the before picture :)
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    CWNT, well done on the lime, strings and sideways, but where is the liver?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    To the right of the spleen, just above the gall bladder
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cat_with_no_tail
    CWNT, well done on the lime, strings and sideways, but where is the liver?

Buried under the flagstones along with the rest of her, why?
  • A question far to sensible for the CC... but what power washer thing did you use?

I think the patio round the back of ours is in need of an ode d'obvious.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    I used a Nilfisk Alto, cost about £70. Pretty much any would do the job. You can either use a proper patio cleaning nozzle extension or just the narrow nozzle on it's highest setting (which is what I did).

I will say though, it's a very messy job. And you need to remember that if you're blasting flagstones like I did, you'll need to fill in between them again when you're done once it's dried.

Very satisfying though. Our house is painted white too, so it makes a real difference blasting all the green algae crap off the walls.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I used a Nilfisk Alto, cost about £70. Pretty much any would do the job. You can either use a proper patio cleaning nozzle extension or just the narrow nozzle on it's highest setting (which is what I did).

I will say though, it's a very messy job. And you need to remember that if you're blasting flagstones like I did, you'll need to fill in between them again when you're done once it's dried.

Very satisfying though. Our house is painted white too, so it makes a real difference blasting all the green algae crap off the walls.

I hate it when the bits in between come flying out and smash your shin.. it's like mini pedal shin inpacts repeatedly!!!

Good work though have a beer and look out now,