Which One do I go for?

sXeLifer24
sXeLifer24 Posts: 4
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
I cycle road but I do go off road a fair bit too. Im on a cycle2work scheme through my work but I dont know what to go for, its between these two:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65499#tab2

OR

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65499#tab2

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Two different types of bikes - the Bokor is longer travel, heavier and tougher, whilst the Boardman ios more XC focussed, lighter, quicker handling.
  • tallmansix
    tallmansix Posts: 57
    Both are good and personally I'd want a short ride on each before deciding for sure, even if it is at a different shop.

Given that both have different frame size availability and it looks like you are getting a 19" Boardman / 20" Voodoo, it's possible the inch makes a difference, it would for me at 6ft plus, making trying them out for size essential.

Personally I'd have the VooDoo for size, my pot-holed and cobbled roads / off-road and Deore gears that many people seem to rate highly, but if you are a fast commuter, the lighter Boardman may be faster.
    FCN=10 Carrera Subway II with touring kit = rack, 2x Panniers and a bottle.
    No car, just a bike for everything 100+ miles / week. Commute daily Chorlton-Manchester or Chorlton-Horwich
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't think he's looking at commuting on them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sXeLifer24
    I will use them for commuting but my commute involves some singletrack one way and then road the other way. Im looking for something that will be an upgrade from my carrera kraken - suntour xcr forks, tektro auriga brakes and sram x5 gearing system.
  • cooldad
    Then the Boardman makes more sense.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sXeLifer24
    Will the extra 1" make a different between the voodoo and boardman - frame wise.
    Cheers
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It might - but I think the 19" Boardman is longer. I'd go and sit on them.

Listed sizes don't mean much when comparing to different models, is one measurement out of several.
  • cooldad
    Try them out for size.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Too many windows open.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • ElliesDad
    ElliesDad Posts: 245
    I tried them both before I bought the Comp, to be honest they both felt about the same size, the Comp just felt better personally. The Comp is also lighter as well.
    2012 Boardman FS Team
    2014 Giant Defy 2