c-c-c-c-cold....

slowlanejane
slowlanejane Posts: 312
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
...on my ride this morning. Anticipating I would warm up i wore fingerless gloves and 3/4 length tights, just socks under my cycling shoes and light layers on the top half. I didn't warm up much, 20miles with cold hands, numb toes & cold legs.

Comments

• themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    Same here,out for an hour 45 minutes. Didnt warm up at all,very cold easterly wind. I was sure that the sun would warm things up a bit.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Am anticipating it being chilly tomorrow (Sunday 6 May) but have got the gear - just need to get my fat arse out on the bike! Prefer riding when it is a bit cool.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Get used to it folks, the sun's in a funk (Hopefully not a Maunder Minimum/Little Ice Age state!), Pacific Decadel Oscillation & Atlantic Meridonal Oscillation are both in/heading negative. Climate's cooling again.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    According to the radio this morning, it is colder today than it was on Christmas Day.

Looks like full Winter kit for me again tomorrow.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    So much for global warming.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Out yesterday for a jaunt around the Witterings in Sussex and it was freezing. I had the gear (beanie hat etc) and don't normally feel the cold too much but it was horrible. Staying in today with the stove on! Mmmm....toasty.
    So much for May so far.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Nice here :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    The power companies will be loving all this weather, just think of the extra money they must be raking in.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    Sunny but cold this morning in Notts. Bib longs, 4 layers on top, gloves and liners and overshoes. I may have looked ridiculous but i was toasty warm.
  • Rigged
    Rigged Posts: 214
    Standing in the garden yesterday in the sun, I thought what a nice day it was for a ride. Put on my shorts, long-sleeved base layer, jersey and helmet. No gloves, no knee warmers, standard trainer socks. I got about 300 yards down the road when the sun went behind a cloud and the wind picked up just enough to add a bitterly cold windchill when moving. It's not often I don't enjoy being out on my bike but my lips were completely numb, my legs never warmed up and felt heavy the entire ride, and my hands went purple within 15 minutes. I was slow(er than usual) and not enjoying it so I took a shortcut back home and had just 45 minutes out. Next time, in deceptive weather like this, I'm throwing gloves and knee warmers in my jersey as a backup!