Pendleton does Boardman!

Comments

• sloppycowpat
    sloppycowpat Posts: 349
    bit of a heap

:shock: heavy as well

15.1 kilograms = 33.2898016 pounds
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    that will be a weapon round the drome :roll:
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Nice comfy ride though....
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    Shackster wrote:
    Nice comfy ride though....
    I'm sure she is ... :oops:
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    looks exactly (apart from colour and rack) the same as the probike vintage ladies, which are 100 notes cheaper
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • dhobiwallah
    dhobiwallah Posts: 272
    I really hope she got a wodge of cash for that because putting your name on those heaps is selling out of the highest order....

Boardman is still getting stick about his range of bikes and they are actually pretty good!
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    If you look at the bottom there is clear reasoning why these bikes are so expensive:

"Hybrid bikes combine the features of road bikes and mountain bikes so they can be used both on-road and off-road"

On reading this I immediately ordered one for my ride at Inners on Sunday.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Gazlar wrote:
    looks exactly (apart from colour and rack) the same as the probike vintage ladies, which are 100 notes cheaper

Things like this annoys me, as she is supporting ripping off people interested in cycling which is wrong she should be encourging value in the sport.

Not impressed :(
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Maybe a career in prostitution once she's too old to cycle?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,233
    bit of a heap

:shock: heavy as well

I'd have though a pro cyclist would be pretty light.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Gazlar wrote:

Cheers Gaz,

The missus is looking for a 'dutch' type bike to ride to work on.. this looks spot on. :) (unless anyone has any other suggestions? it's a 15 minute cruise, so no point in going Pashley!)

It looks like it has upgrade potential.. a quick visit to retrobike to get some old xtr 7 speed, job done :lol:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Stav wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Cheers Gaz,

The missus is looking for a 'dutch' type bike to ride to work on.. this looks spot on. :) (unless anyone has any other suggestions? it's a 15 minute cruise, so no point in going Pashley!)

It looks like it has upgrade potential.. a quick visit to retrobike to get some old xtr 7 speed, job done :lol:

I've got the singlespeed mens "retro" and it weighs a ton but its pretty good for 150 notes, what i would warn about is that I ordered mine from Bricross and it took nearly a month to come after being promised week after week it would be there. Think it was actually sent to me from the manufacturer so possibly not the sellers fault entirely, but maybe worth checking that who you buy it off has it in stock
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I've seen the Somerby in the stores and it doesn't seem to bad to me at all. Basic but well built and miles better than the £200 Apollo they sell in the same category.

Not quite sure what is wrong with the bike. Yes it is a smidge over priced, but it is no BSO and it is also very very attractive for its target market - looks better in the flesh than any other sit-up-and-beg shopper I've seen.

My wife wants one.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    omg my eyes
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Gazlar wrote:
    Stav wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Cheers Gaz,

I've got the singlespeed mens "retro" and it weighs a ton but its pretty good for 150 notes, what i would warn about is that I ordered mine from Bricross and it took nearly a month to come after being promised week after week it would be there. Think it was actually sent to me from the manufacturer so possibly not the sellers fault entirely, but maybe worth checking that who you buy it off has it in stock

Great stuff, will be sure to check, probably going to pick a 'dutchie' up this weekend for her, so will be sure to shop around. Thanks mate. :)