Bank holiday plans?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Well have you?

im suppose to putting a new floor in the porch, have to smash the old floor to bits make lots of concrete, pour it in, an hope its level

then go the pub, drink cider, watch liverpool smash the southern fairies.... have something really unhealthy to eat like a dogga-kebab (kebabs are made from dogs right?

sleep
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Afan on the Carbon 456 :D WOOOOOOOO!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Italian Car Day at Brooklands tomorrow. Probably ride along the river to get there with a couple of mates. Should see some of my former colleagues as well.
    Boy is away on scout camp so the house will be quiet. Daughter is back from a week on the Isle of Wight so she will probably want to stay around the house. She's quieter than the boy so should still be peaceful.
    Got some work to do on the house and might put the motorbike engine together.
    Enjoy not being at work.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    House hunting with a double man-cave high on the agenda.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Ferry to Hook of Holland, Ride to Dunkirk, ferry to Dover.
    exercise.png
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Well birthday BBQ for in law, ride the bike & Giro on TV - oh and a few beers tonight TFIF
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    bails87 wrote:
    Afan on the Carbon 456 :D WOOOOOOOO!

Bar steward!

My camping plans have been washed away! Might do a solo Brighton night run and back pending bothering to strip and rebuild the bike.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    TheStone wrote:
    Ferry to the Corner of Holland, Ride to Dunkirk, ferry to Dover.

FTFY

Aka the Hoek van Holland.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Giro. FA CUP. Giro. Roast. B&Q. Giro.

Gotta clean the bike as well at some point. probably tomorrow
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Bike parts jumble sale tomorrow, big-ish ride in Kent on Sunday. A fair degree of fettling will be done as well, I expect.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Rip up a front garden.

City v's Newcastle on 5Live, pacing round the house, turning it off, turning it on, and generally having a panic attack.

On the Jubilee bank hol I'll then be laying and planting a new front garden.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    FA Cup Final (I'm going)
    Tweed Run
    Coma
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Racing at Silverstone on Sunday after an epic drive down from the Black Isle today. Set off at 4.30am - went via Wrexham for some tyres - and arrived at 4pm at Silverstone only to be told by some jobsworth security guard that we aren't allowed in until 7pm! At the hotel - will head back in the morning!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    Races at 11 and 5 if anyone is interested
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Finishing tiling the kitchen, pals round on Sunday, working Monday.

Fed up of being de-biked
  • veronese68
    Races at 11 and 5 if anyone is interested
    Good luck. I think I'll try to make it to Brands. When is that one? Anyone fancy an SCR outing?
  • meanredspider
    3rd June for Brands - would be great to have an gang of folk there. All being well, I'll post videos from this weekend
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    mudcow007 wrote:
    then go the pub, drink cider, watch liverpool smash the southern fairies....

Must be very strong the cider up there! I hope you are better at pouring concrete than predicting results.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Working Monday and again tuesday then off to lie on a beach on the red sea.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I've been in the mountains of the west of Ireland since Thursday and will be all weekend, staying in the best hotel in the world but it's not all fine dinning and luxury living ....no wait it is :-)

The weather has been amazing as well today we went for a walk in the mountains of Connemara
    http://www.discoverireland.ie/Activitie ... walk/62332

Time for a rest before another Michelin star meal

:-)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    IMAG0182.jpg

Back at the hotel
    IMAG0181.jpg
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    Beautiful scenery and great food is all very well. But, I have no doubt you'd rather be scraping old Artex off a wall like I have. :-(
  • itboffin
    Yes the lobster was horrible ill never eat that cough one again .......
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Some southern softies,

ronharris_display_image.jpg?1336057981Wise_FACup.jpgdenniswise415.jpgfacup2007.jpgguus-hiddink_1413495c.jpg3951845381-soccer-fa-cup-final-chelsea-v-portsmouth-wembley-stadium.jpgchelsea-fa-cup-winners.jpg

Some lovely concrete,

Concrete-Finishes.jpg

:wink:
  • meanredspider
    Had an exciting day at Silverstone on Sunday. First race of the AROC series. 11 cars entered for the Silverstone National circuit.

I've never driven Silverstone and my day could hardly have started worse than the ignition failing on the first lap of quali. This meant that I had to do a lap behind the course car before our race, with the warm-up lap forming the 3rd lap of the mandatory 3 laps a driver needs to do before racing! So, I was starting my first race of the season on a track I'd never driven in anger in a car that I'd not driven this year from the back of the grid. How hard could it be?

Well, I finished 2nd, passing a V6 Alfa 75 on the last corner and bing beaten only by a sublimely prepared ex-Alfa works GTAm driven by Roz Shaw.

Race 2 I started 2nd and led for the first 9 laps, being passed by the GTAm as my tyres started to go and some squabbling back markers intervened. Another 2nd place but amazing fun and a brilliant spirit in the paddock.

Will post some video
  • veronese68
    Excellent, well done. Looking forward to the video.
  • meanredspider
    Here's the rear facing video from my car (whilst I was leading from 2nd on the grid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIWiBnEOeHQ

And someone's snaps

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/ ... 3QQtppZZ16
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Here's the rear facing video from my car (whilst I was leading from 2nd on the grid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIWiBnEOeHQ

And someone's snaps

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/ ... 3QQtppZZ16

Err, false start Mr ;).
  • meanredspider

Err, false start Mr ;).

All part of the game :wink: Actually, I was stopped again - just finding the clutch bite point rather than "creeping"
  • veronese68
    Nice footage, that's a pretty well sorted car you've got there. Sounds good and looks good. Well done in the race.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Nice footage, that's a pretty well sorted car you've got there. Sounds good and looks good. Well done in the race.

Thanks - I'll upload the forward facing footage with the rear camera overlaid (it's rather large in HD) which is a little more brutal in terms of the two or three relatively small mistakes I made as my tyres cried "enough" - mistakes which probably cost me the win. I'm delighted to be racing against such a great car though and being so competitive.