Returning items to Wiggle

guy.spartacus
guy.spartacus Posts: 321
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
I get a sense this is going to be fraught with frustration - I decided not to use the Collect+ service and sent it recorded from the post office

Can someone please let me know it's a smooth procedure and my replacement item in the right size will be with me by next Friday?
Road - '10 Giant Defy 3.5
MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
BMX - '04 Haro Nyquist R24 (don't judge me)

Comments

• I have just returned an item to Wiggle for the first time. I sent it collect + with the returns printout and i received an e-mail 2-3 days later to say that they had received it and the money was being refunded. No problems here but not sure whether sending it a different way would slow things up

Will
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    I usually send stuff back recorded and get confirmation they have received it the following day.
  • IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    Collect + is a 'recorded' delivery. Why waste money paying for it to be sent back another way?
  • guy.spartacus
    I've sent it Express 48 - just my luck the damn bank holiday falls this weekend too

should be with them by Wednesday latest hopefully turn it round so I can have some shoes for next weekend
    MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
  • guy.spartacus
    IShaggy wrote:
    Collect + is a 'recorded' delivery. Why waste money paying for it to be sent back another way?

Because it doesn't guarantee when it will be picked up, or when it will be delivered to them
    MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Collect+ is run by Yodel, which has a pretty terrible reputation for reliability. My last delivery via Collect+ took a week to make it back to Wiggle. I've never had a problem returning things to Wiggle otherwise - I think they're very good.
  • humpyg
    humpyg Posts: 50
    I get a sense this is going to be fraught with frustration - I decided not to use the Collect+ service and sent it recorded from the post office

Can someone please let me know it's a smooth procedure and my replacement item in the right size will be with me by next Friday?
    Why not just buy the replacement item today, and then that will get here for next Friday... and just get a refund on the item you're sending back? (as you've already sent it, send wiggle an email saying you'd like a refund instead of replacement)
  • guy.spartacus
    Why not just buy the replacement item today, and then that will get here for next Friday... and just get a refund on the item you're sending back? (as you've already sent it, send wiggle an email saying you'd like a refund instead of replacement)

I suppose I could - I can't afford it though, even if it is only for a few days
    MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
  • wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    I've used both Collect+ and Royal Mail with Wiggle returns and never had any problems with either them or Wiggle.

I am sure it will be ok but if searching on forum or web bear in mind that with so many customers and orders it is inevitable that sometimes things will go wrong but overwhelmingly they are very good.

PS- No I don't work for wiggle!
  • Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    I returned a pump the other day by first class royal mail. 2 days later they confirmed they would refund me.

Didn't even use recorded. (Obviously it depends how much it is really)
  • i sent something back by post office track and trace guaranteed next day delivery . wiggle said they hadnt recieved item , track and trace said they had . sent wiggle pic of track and trace receipt and they returned replacement goods and postage next day .
  • horizon
    horizon Posts: 91
    Sent something back to wiggle via Collect+ on 8 May - had confirmation of a refund on the 12 May, which is reasonable, although wiggle now charge for this service (£2.49). Its cheaper than Royal Mail, especially after the price hike. However, at the same time I sent a parcel by Collect+ which has yet to be delivered. They claim they left a card at 7pm in a closed for the night shopping centre - yeah, right. They don't answer emails, they don't answer the phone. They have my goods, I've no way of getting them back, I'm seriously out of pocket, I would advise anyone to avoid them.
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    IShaggy wrote:
    fair ply to Wiggle, I had an issue with the description of something which was misleading, Collect plus was actually more expensive than royal mail recorded, but Wiggle refunded the postage no problem.

10/10 to Wiggle it guarantees I'll be back