US delivery address forwarding companies

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Posted this in Road Buying and got nowhere.. maybe the Commuting hive has more worldly experience?

Has anyone used any of those US companies that provide a local shipping address in the States, to which you have products delivered so they can on-ship them to you? This gets around the online business constraint of not shipping outside there distributor territory.

Any good or bad recommendations welcome!
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    never used them my self as i use my mate who lives in Exton, Pennsylvania to forward stuff over

its waaay cheaper for me

do you not know any Americana's?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    ^ No, none in a position to do this anyway, since all the 'Merkins I know are working somewhere else ATMO..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Luckily, I have mate sin Canada and The USA and part of my team is in Texas, so, never had to forward on....

Many years ago, I used 'Transit Express' to forward systems that were built in Israel to Morocco - you cannot ship direct to Morocco from Israel, so I had to transit stuff through the USA to change the paperwork and platform build details. Cheeky, but it worked out.

On the MTB General forum there is an ex-pat British guy that lives in LA, maybe you can PM him and he will help you out.