Helo needed !

treadzmac
treadzmac Posts: 32
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello to all, i know this has probably ben asked hundreds of times before so i apologise well in advance.
Ive been scouring the net and forums looking to see what new rims to buy but theres that much on offer it makes my head spin lol. First of all i will mainly be doing trail rides and some odd rides to work, i do like to do jumps and other stuff so they have to be quite strong, im also 14.7 stone so quite heavy with it. My price range would be up to £250 which i know is that much but will still hopefully get a decent set of hoops with it. I used to have mavic d521,s on my old handsome dog stunt/ jump bike which stood up to alot of abuse so im allways drawn to mavics, any help would be gratefully recieved.

Regards Terry.

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Stans Flows on Superstar hubs?
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=496
    £220.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • treadzmac
    I looked at them but dont wanna got tubeless, and theres so many people saying their customer service is complete pants.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You don't have to run them tubeless, and Superstar service is good.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • treadzmac
    So the flows can be run with tubes then with out blowing off the rims ? Ive had a couple of little bits off superstar and they have been spot on, but as regards to wheels and such like im only going offf what ive read.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Had a set of wheels off them couple of weeks ago, delivered next day and seem spot on.
  • treadzmac
    cheers Dodge, what rims hubs did you get ?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Yep, stans rims can be run with tubes. I've got 29er crests tubed on my CX/commuter. The slicks on there are at 80psi and there are no issues. The pressure limits only apply to tubeless setups.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    These with Mavic XM719 or EN521 http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=501

I have got the EX721's for downhill & they are absolutely solid (I'm 16 stone & kill wheels)
    Superstar's service is excellent, I have had loads of stuff from them & when I returned a chain device (I ordered the wrong one) I recieved a replacement within a couple of days with more free haribo :-)
  • treadzmac
    Cheers monkey, and when ive had stuff off them my litte girl nicks my haribo i never get a look in lol. Glad to hear some positive feedback too.
  • teddertj
    teddertj Posts: 14
    Cheers for the advice guys ive decided to go with the mavic xm719 not sure which hubs tho so gotta lot of researching to do. Logged.in on my.fone so different name.but same.person.