Help me spend some Halfords vouchers

petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
So I got a £25 Halfords voucher for my birthday, lucky me I can hear you all shout :lol:

I'm really struggling to spend it, they only seem to sell cr4p. I was looking at the Saris bones bike racks but you can get them online for £25 less than Halfords anyways.

All their bike accessories look pants. Worst comes to the worst I'll just buy some engine oil . . . . exciting !

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660
    Spare parts... tubes, bar tape, brake pads, cable outer/inners, chain quick links, bottle cage bolts for when yours go rusty, small tools... always lots of things that it's handy to have in the drawer!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Tools? Cleaning products (they often do BOGOF deals)?

Or lots of air fresheners for the car???
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Spare parts... tubes, bar tape, brake pads, cable outer/inners, chain quick links, bottle cage bolts for when yours go rusty, small tools... always lots of things that it's handy to have in the drawer!
    Yer, come on use your imagination...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    They had a decent Joe Blow track pump in my local store recently plus some reasonable helmets but beyond that, yes very little with the exception of tubes for emergency use and cleaning products.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Pross wrote:
    They had a decent Joe Blow track pump in my local store recently plus some reasonable helmets but beyond that, yes very little with the exception of tubes for emergency use and cleaning products.

Joe Blow pumps are very good...
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    They've got a 3 for the price of 2 offer on a load a stuff at the moment. Cleaning products,lubes, bottles and cages, inner tubes, tools, bike hangers, bags and load more.

Personally I'd buy a "Topeak All Weather Tri-Bag" and a "Halfords Storage and Maintenance Stand" and get a "Elite Custom Race Cage - Black" free.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    they have some great computers and mini pumps too.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Copaslip!!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • eede
    eede Posts: 58
    I think if you actually go into the shop rather than online, they do sell chocolate.
    Friend of Herne Hill Velodrome: http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/friends/
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    OK OK so I'll wander in the next time I'm passing. The reason I ask on here is because the nearest Halfords is 30 miles away .

Do they do price matching? Might try and haggle on that Saris bones rack if they do.

Otherwise it looks like some tools or lots of inner tubes. Although I really like vittoria tubes for some unexplained reason. Still might just get that engine oil, bloomin expensive that stuff.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Sell it to the first boy/girl racer that you see for 20 quid!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    I once had £50 of Halford vouchers as my mum and auntie thought that would help me "get something for my bike" - after looking on line I found a GORE Phantom II for £60 normal retail £120, so reserved it for collection in my local store (Stirling) to find out they didnt have one, no great surprise there then. They phoned me back to say they had discountinued them and had only one left in the entire chain in a store at Southampton and did I want it. Got it sent up and I picked it up the following day.. bargain. I couldn't help bu wonder that given the market most of their stuff was aimed at it was no surprise their customers were not the tyrp to spend £120 on a jacket. Good service though.

Other than that I find it very difficult to give them my money... see if you can get one of those electric beer coolers for the car, they are cool (no pun intended).
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Sell it to the first boy/girl racer that you see for 20 quid!
    That's not a bad idea. Take it one step further, put them on eBay. Some of the things I've seen sell on eBay it wouldn't surprise me if some idiot didn't bit £30 for them :D
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    They sell Camelback Podium water bottles which are really good - always open but never spill.

Also do some good topeak accesories, bags, multitools etc.

If you struggle I can easlily spend it ;-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Conti GP 4000 s , they do a full range of Conti rubber, I usually stock up when then do a 3 for 2, Now off to buy a racing trike :D