Would you buy a second-hand child carrier?

Giraffoto
Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
This isn't an attempt to flog one, by the way. I've had our old rear mounted child seat on eBay for just over a week now with no bids and no watchers, which is kind of a surprise given that it starts at only a fiver. Are they like helmets and the general consensus is that you'd be out of your mind to get one second hand? If it doesn't sell I just plan to nip down the road and give it to the charity shop, unless it's something that no one will buy, so I'd like to get some idea here.
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• scrumpydave
    scrumpydave Posts: 143
    Some people would say so. A fried of mine flat refused my offer of our old trailer even though I could guarantee that it had never been in a crash.

On the other hand I've got two rear mounted seats and both were second hand. Although I didn't go through eBay - just local classified ads. Maybe it's the "sight unseen" thing people don't like?
    Riding the Etape du Tour for Beating Bowel Cancer - click to donate http://bit.ly/P9eBbM
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Some people would say so
    As it turns out, that includes everyone who saw the advert on eBay over the last ten days! Not a glimmer of interest and it's still standing in the garage. It's now up to the "free to good home" advert at the nursery to get results . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er