Forest of Dean

Adnams82
Adnams82 Posts: 22
edited May 2012 in Women
Off to the forest of Dean for a few days next week and looking for some local knowledge and advice. Going to try out the way marked trails but does anyone have any recommendations for non marked routes in the area? Also might try to scare myself silly and crawl down a DH track, if so which one is the least intimidating to a total wuss?

Cheers Sacha

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'm not a local but i've ridden there a few times - corkscrew is the best DH trail to try first. It's all rollable (I know because I have rolled down it slowly on several occassions!) and not too full-on. In fact I found most of them ok, some a bit scarier than others, and I would certainly not describe myself as a DH rider!

Apparently the blue XC trail is nice - we rode the red one which I found a bit hit and miss. The rooty descent at the beginning was a tad surprising but ok, and the rest was quite rooty but easily rideable. I thought it was ok but opinions seem to be split on it!

Bex on here knows a lot about FOD - hopefully she will be along soon with more sensible comments than me :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc