Any good road wheels around 150-200 pounds ?

blackstick
blackstick Posts: 151
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Halo ~ how are you ?

Have some bit of budget , so itching for a wheel upgrade .
Front and rear .
Won't mind used wheels as well .
Any recommendation/advice ?
Using a Tiagra 9 speed thou .

Thanks a million .

Comments

• p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    blackstick wrote:
    Halo ~ how are you ?

Do you know, I'm ever so well, thank you.
    Have some bit of budget , so itching for a wheel upgrade .
    Front and rear .
    Won't mind used wheels as well .
    Any recommendation/advice ?
    Using a Tiagra 9 speed thou .

Thanks a million .

I expect someone will be along presently to offer some advice about wheels, but in the meantime I respectfully suggest that you might while away the minutes whilst your waiting, using the search option up there /\.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Wheels are alot lighter than they used to be ... Around 2 pounds (or 1800g) per pair ...
  • hodge68
    hodge68 Posts: 162
    Pro-lite merano,fulcrum racing 7s , i have both and they are ok, pro-lite are my favourite. Recon the fulcrums are bomb proof.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    Already said, but Fulcrum Racing Sevens, can't beat them for a budget wheelset
  • blackstick
    Thanks for the help , I feel that I'am starting to be bugging everyone here with all my beginners question .
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    blackstick wrote:
    Thanks for the help , I feel that I'am starting to be bugging everyone here with all my beginners question .

Not at all, perfectly reasonable question to ask, but often it has already been asked and it may be quicker to search first. That's what I do (mostly) anyway.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Kingy911
    Kingy911 Posts: 134
    blackstick wrote:

Blackstick, you keep asking the questions my friend, this is after all a beginners thread, you will get one or two who will disparage but in the main people want to help, ignore the condescending and embrace the knowledge from those who are willing to share :)
  • deswahriff
    deswahriff Posts: 310
    ..Mavic Aksiums are a popular first wheel upgrade...Merlin Cycles usually have good deals.
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    I'm REALLY happy with the Shimano RS10's that came as stock on my bike. I was thinking of upgrading them from new but glad I didn't. They roll really well and so far are running as true as new after 1500 miles of bumpy South Wales Vallies roads carrying my 15.5 stone fat a55!
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    mavic aksium £220 including tyres and tube, love them
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • sam9490
    sam9490 Posts: 11
    I am selling a pair of unused Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels on the forum for £220 which are better than Askiums http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40049&t=12852190
  • indysmith
    indysmith Posts: 276
    ianbar wrote:
    mavic aksium £220 including tyres and tube, love them
    Must say, mine have been reasonably good so far, and no punctures either after > 1500 miles, although the tyres seem to get lots of slices in them, and attract all manner of grit and glass.
  • blackstick
    Ah glad to hear that , P9uma and Kingy911 . Thanks again all for the advice , thinking of the racing 7 . Also come across with these _http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Tiagra-WH-R501-Road-Bike-Wheels-700c-Black-NEW-/150784131067?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item231b6f3ffb . Wonder anyone have them ? Seems like the Racing 7 weighs the same with it .
  • Graham1426
    Graham1426 Posts: 30
    Shimano RS80 C24 £320 on Planet X, they weigh in at around 1550 grams for the pair, i have the wheels and can fully 100% reccommend these wheels. They spin up brilliantly, go check out on the Planet X website. Great value for money.
    Cube Agree GTC
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    was in the same boat a few weeks back. I went with planet x al30s. Very happy with them.
  • BruceG
    BruceG Posts: 347
    Blackstick, the Mavic Equipes being offered a few posts above represent excellent value.