Can SID World Cup RCT3 have a remote lockout?

Andy_Newlands
Andy_Newlands Posts: 13
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi

I'm pretty keen to get a set of Rockshox SID World Cup 100mm forks with the RCT3 looking a bit more like me than the XX version. looking on the SRAM site it says it can have a remote but the standard RCT3 fork says there is no remote lockout for the RCT3 damper which is where it's getting a bit murky. I'm pretty sure Rockshox don't make a remote lockout that has three settings, normally just locked or open. for the kind of price these forks go for you'd expect Rockshox to have some sort of remote for them, if not I may have to go for the XX version instead. My old bike didn't have a remote with the fork and had too many near misses while crouching over trying to lock/unlock on the fly, so I'm putting my foot down this time and getting a remote setup. any help from someone with a bit more experience in the inner workings of Rockshox and their products would be appreciated

Thanks
Andy
2011 Specialized Stumpy Expert EVO

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    look at a different fork then.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    No help I'm afraid but I wouldn't expect what is their top-of-the-line race fork to have any lockout at all
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Why? Save for the Magura Durin Race thingummy virtually all XC race forks have a lockout...

They appear to do a Revelation RCT3 with Poploc, but not the SID, although the SRAM website lists 'remote' as an option. As you say though, they don't do a 3 position lockout lever, so you'd be foregoing the RCT advantage, so why not just get an older BlackBox fork?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Does a well damped fork need lock out? My Lyrik RC2DH doesn't have lock out or even floodgate but as long as the dampers are set properly it doesn't bob at all when pedalling even though it's 160mm travel and super plush. If it doesn't have remote I'm sure TF Tuned could sort you out with one, especially if you buy the fork from them.
  • nearly all smaller travel forks have a lockout. for long climbs a hell of a lot of energy can be saved by not bobbing.

i think i'll just go for the XX with xloc in non world cup spec, minimal weight gain for a few hundred dollars less than world cup spec.
    2011 Specialized Stumpy Expert EVO
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Why not just get an RLT with Poploc? Or an XX World Cup? IMO the cheaper XX fork is a little pointless. YMMV.