Raid Alpine Video

Porkyboy
Porkyboy Posts: 433
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi

Folks seem to have enjoyed the recent videos I've posted so here's another one. This is a mixture of handheld and helmet camera material as well as some stills and covers the six days of the Raid Alpine challenge. I hope the result coveys the spirit of what was a really excellent trip and that you enjoy it, this is definitely a "must do" route.

I still have plenty of material and will complete the set of the trip soon by doing individual short films of stages 4-6, I did 1-3 some while back. Anyway, enjoy the ride! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcbNgth67lM

Q

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    thats looks an incredible ride once again lovely vid, well made - haha i dont fancy being that poor guy at 4:36 ish, looks like he's transporting all his laundry.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Ta for vid, was a while ago when I did it but the descent through the gorge at 15:10 I still remember as incredible, no buses in the way for me though!
  • Great video, thought the guy at 5.40 was going over the edge.
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • Porkyboy
    Great video, thought the guy at 5.40 was going over the edge.

Yes, did look a bit as if he'd had enough of the climb and fancied taking the quick way down!

Q
  • Porkyboy
    Hi

Uploaded the video from stage 4 of the Raid Alpine last night if anyone fancies a watch, this one goes over the Col d'Izoard on a fabulous day :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LddB83SVlU

Q
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    What a fantastic ride and the music fits like a glove.
  • Porkyboy
    What a fantastic ride and the music fits like a glove.

Thanks very much for your kind words. Music is very difficult and is always down to personal taste, you and I like it and someone else would want heavy rock. Impossible to please everyone so in the end I please myself and on this occasion you too :D

Q
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Nice - man I wanna go back to the Alpes...

Porkyboy, what camera and video editing stuff are you using? The footage looks really well stabilized - though that might be because the roads aren't a pothole warzone like they are over here.
  • Porkyboy
    sfichele wrote:
    Nice - man I wanna go back to the Alpes...Porkyboy, what camera and video editing stuff are you using? The footage looks really well stabilized - though that might be because the roads aren't a pothole warzone like they are over here.

Hi

I'm using a Contour HD helmet camera and Final Cut Pro on an iMac.

Q
  • Porkyboy
    Hi

The last video in the set of six has now been posted, this is material from Stage 6 into Antibes and the finish.

http://youtu.be/-XepgiAPJi8

Q