Cycling News HD

Simmotino
Simmotino Posts: 295
edited May 2012 in Pro race
Anyone else download this yesterday?

Promising start IMO albeit a little light on content, although I can't decide if that's purely because it's a weekly rather than monthly publication so less to write about. The layout would seem to suggest there is a slight lack in terms of words though as it's all set in small boxes rather than pages/half pages which would highlight the fact.

Some great imagery and it's good to have results/write ups from the races available in one place, so think the Giro may see it improve further.

Not sure £1.49 'shelf price' is value for money, but the full year subscription doesn't look too bad at £30.

As long as it doesn't slip to advert/review/advert/story/review/advert/advert then it could be a winner.

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I had a look, but mostly already on the website and for £30 you could nearly get a magzine subscription with a free gift of some description.

If it was free with adverts I'd get it every week definiately, but I wouldn't pay the extra for it I'm afraid.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    It's very pretty - i quite like it.

I think the question is going to be how much original content you're going to see on it, as opposed to repurposed content from CN + trimmed articles from Procycling + some pretty pictures (which are very pretty). It should be a nice roundup type of publication tho.... hm. I think i'll probably buy a few a number of weeks apart and see how the quality fares.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I like it. You can get a rolling sub for 69p an issue, which you can cancel and restart at any time. Yes, you can get a Pro Cycling sub for around the same price bu that's not a direct alternative. I think its more like the Cycling Weekly of old, and a digital sub to the comic is £70.