Thursday Morning Thread. Nearly There...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Numbnuts!

Work meh today. I got given a deadline for the end of the week yesterday, which is a stupid deadline as I can't meet it for various reasons :roll: Needless to say, it revolves around, Apple, Safari and a completely seperate company. Oh, and my work's network :roll:

Anywho, hopefully I'll have explained to people by the end of play today that I can't meet their stupid deadline and never could, then come home with a bigger hammer and screwdriver and get this damn headset out!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' fleshbags

It's the last working day of the week for my colleague, consequnetly today will feature the traditional Friday headline act of Bacons. It'll be a good gig as Bacons has beans, eggs, sausage, hash browns and coffee as support acts.

Tehn it's onto work, which today will be largely composite based. Making stuff go snap, crackle and pop is great fun, especially when it's not a breakfast cereal.

I seem to be very breakfast-centric today. Guess there's no alpen some people.

Onwards! To coffee! And Bacons......truly the king of processed meats!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh today. Should be slightly more interesting than normal, they've got a load of actor people coming in to run through some consulation scenarios with us... as it's not assessed I think I can have a laugh with it and mess about a bit.

After this I'm going to head into town to the cheese shop to buy some cheese.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    Morning

No meh today as somehow after getting home late (running with a mate) I managed to convince the wife to allow cycling to work (stopped after recent decent crash), the building of a singlespeed road bike and a Tag monaco for my birthday in November.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Cockjanglers
    Superknarlystoked tired today. need rest. need to stop my brain working while sleeping.
    Yesterday was running around like a headless chicken for both work and personal, but i did start the intergration of my new staff and they are now working from my office.
    trouble with this is they work completely different hours and shifts to my current staff and i cant work out in my little brain how i'm going to intergrate them?

Today will be spent shouting at subcontactors and writing ideas down on bits of paper
    Angry Bird wrote:
    After this I'm going to head into town to the cheese shop to buy some cheese.
    This sounds Truly awesome
    Mathew H wrote:
    Tag monaco for my birthday in November.
    But isnty that the square faced one with the blue dial? Watches should be round? (this is from memory, i'm sure my mate had one)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Mathew H wrote:
    But isnty that the square faced one with the blue dial? Watches should be round? (this is from memory, i'm sure my mate had one)

The original one is blue, but they also do a black faced one now. Re: shape - for a day watch, yes it should be round, but this is a dress watch so thats ok & compared to my garman its tiny!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    matthew h wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Mathew H wrote:

The original one is blue, but they also do a black faced one now. Re: shape - for a day watch, yes it should be round, but this is a dress watch so thats ok & compared to my garman its tiny!
    LOL yes compared to a Garmin most things are tiny. I'm wearing my U-boat today and that makes a garmin look tiny lol. All my watches are round, i dunno about square, i thing the engineer in me see's round peg for a square hole :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

Last day in work today before a few days off, first days off since Xmas, and I'm full of the dreaded lergy from hell, it is truly horrible.

Work today will therefore nodoubt drag like hell.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    M'ning kiddie Snatchers.

Woke up this morning to a pair of grade A c*nts talking on the TV about how they want their daughter back from Gaz. If not they'll subject us to another book deal and several weeks of tabloid hell.

she’s dead ffs! :roll:

Aside from that work again today and hoping that my CRC order is delivered before the weekend.

---> Tea

laters
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Legs are seriously tired after riding lesson last night, Trevor was being very lazy so I had to do all the work.
    Also accidentally got a late night so feel like shoot today. Got lots to do as well, so caffeine might be required.
    Riding again tonight, jumping this time though. Scary.

Also have been told I need my full face helmet for Saturday again. Lets hope I don't fail as badly as last time.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    edited May 2012
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning
    Legs are seriously tired after riding lesson last night, Trevor was being very lazy so I had to do all the work.
    Also accidentally got a late night so feel like shoot today. Got lots to do as well, so caffeine might be required.
    Riding again tonight, jumping this time though. Scary.

Also have been told I need my full face helmet for Saturday again. Lets hope I don't fail as badly as last time.
    Kisses
    FoxC

must resist, far too easy.......gigitygigitygoo
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    isnty that the square faced one

That my friend would be the tag coulthard

Mornin Scuttlers

Short job made easier by a trainee doing a trip to Barry for me, which gave me opportunity to have the poo I've been thumbing back in for the last 2 hours.

Just a Bargoed, then gym and a trip to lbs for a new chain ready for Sundays ride... Anyone coming to Afan or is it just me and Bails?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    in work at three this morning on the upside i got to see hoards of p1ssed up students staggering about like extras from sean of the dead!

mainly loafing the rest of the day as feel well farked now!

mmmmmmmm tag monaco, even bigger mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm uboat, my favourite watches to drool over wishing i could afford one!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,841
    matthew h wrote:
    the building of a singlespeed road bike
    The commuting forum is for that sort of obscenity, not here please.

Morning Fudgepackers,

Busy morning had already sorting out junior then a bit of swimming. Now tucking into marmite on toast washed down with a mahoosive mug of coffee and working out what to pack for tomorrow's trek up North to see the parents. Will be stopping off at Cadwell Park on the way tomorrow to blag a few passenger rides at a trackday, so full face helmet is already in the car :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening people,

Thinking of booking tomorrow off, as I have had enough this week and a 4 day weekend sounds rather smashing. But waiting on some mokies in HR to get information to me so i can post some finacials before month end and been waiting 4 days :S grhhh
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,064
    I'm gonna have to say, if it rains tomorrow I'll be mightly pissed off.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    .... then come home with a bigger hammer and screwdriver and get this damn headset out!
    It worked! :D Old headset out, new headset in. Damn satisfying! :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro