Just ordered my new ride.....

Redsteveb
Redsteveb Posts: 201
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
......and I can't be more pleased. Taken months of looking, researching etc both on the web and in several local bike shops too. At timesI felt I was getting "bike blindness" as I couldn't focus on what I needed as opposed to what looked nice if that makes sense.

Initial budget was £1200 but I was hoping to get a deal on a 2011 bike for around a £1k.

Anyway, my choice came down to value for money, with names like Bianchi & Specialized being dropped as the level of kit isn't great incomparison to what I've ordered.

The bike is from Rose. A German web based company who build to order. I went with this one:

1789131_1.jpg

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose ... aid:530511

SRAM Apex groupset wil help me on challenging climbs, and the rest of the kit has some lovely components like the DT Swiss wheels. Even the frame has internal cable routing giving in a nice clean look.

Can't wait until the estimated delivery date of June 19th. :D

Comments

• p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Looks FAB, enjoy it. I like the look of the wheels.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    That looks one brilliant piece of kit. You cant go wrong for that money. The website is very impressive. Hope all goes well with the delivery
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Great bike, well done :D

Rose are a great company to deal with, and wait till they send you their free catalogue, produced in English for the first time, mine turned up, to be signed for by DHL, an entire web site and then some, in a catalogue, you may as well just hand over your credit card now!

A visit to Biketown would be better than a trip to Disneyland!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    team47b wrote:
    Rose are a great company to deal with, and wait till they send you their free catalogue, produced in English for the first time, mine turned up, to be signed for by DHL, an entire web site and then some, in a catalogue, you may as well just hand over your credit card now!

The only snag being that if you buy all your stuff from Germany, you're just helping them out of the recession at our expense. I'm not saying I'm immune myself; I recently bought a Shimano SLX brakeset from Action Sports at a great price but I'm going to try to ban myself from going back there for my chainset! It's not as though the UK suppliers aren't giving good discounts as well.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Rolf F wrote:
    The only snag being that if you buy all your stuff from Germany, you're just helping them out of the recession at our expense. I'm not saying I'm immune myself; I recently bought a Shimano SLX brakeset from Action Sports at a great price but I'm going to try to ban myself from going back there for my chainset! It's not as though the UK suppliers aren't giving good discounts as well.

Except you can't buy Rose bikes anywhere else but Germany whereas you could have bought the Shimano brakeset from any UK bike shop!

Nice looking bike and great VFM.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Surley it should have a black saddle and white bar tape - standards people!!!! ;-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • hodge68
    hodge68 Posts: 162
    I like it, i like it lots.I keep it in mind next time im allowed a new bike :D .
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • Redsteveb
    Redsteveb Posts: 201
    smidsy wrote:
    Surley it should have a black saddle and white bar tape - standards people!!!! ;-)

I've specified mine with white bar tape :lol: