Are you now or have you ever been....

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    Yes.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Will this lead to hot the pie prohibition era?
    Can aggieboy sell hot pies tax free out of his basement?

Cleat Eastwood the new Al Capone of the underground pie world... Aggieboy: master of the hot pie speakeasy...RonB: Doorman and surveillance, Claire Balding: Providing PR and an an honest front to the dodgy operation. Me: Chief taster and quality control, 'Pies are Us' cycling team as a method of channelling laundered money - with Vicky P at the healm. Maxwellbygraves: our man in politics making sure that the tax is'nt lifted.
    A few of the Munters sat around outside to prove just how good the pies are. Frank the tank: security. Peddle up: peddlar of pies.
    I can see it now...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Yes, but only once. Won't be making that mistake twice.

If you want to save yourself £1, here's the recipe:

1) Puree the f**k out of some meat and vegetables.
    2) Pour some "special sauce" all over them. The sauce is, on no account, to have any distinct flavour.
    3) Now make your pastry. If you can't find any flour and milk, simply use dust and rat's cum instead.
    4) Put it in to an oven which has been pre-heated to 90 degrees C. Leave in the oven for 5 minutes.
    5) If you can't eat it yourself, simply sell it to a fat person in a tracksuit.
  • freddiegrubb
    freddiegrubb Posts: 448
    more of a steak bake man myself, I find 1 is not enough & 2 is too many.
  • Cool4catz
    Cool4catz Posts: 76
    I'm currently searching for a Bridie. don't think you'll find it South of Gretna though - not had one on 20 years. I think they were bloomin aweful.
    Does anyone remember sausage rolls in a can? now they were just weird, but great!
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    As much as I like rubbish food, I draw the line at greggs.

Not sure why the pasty tax is getting so much press? He's just trying to close a loop hole. Personally, I'd like to see VAT on everything. Alter down income tax / tax credits to compensate.
    exercise.png
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    TheStone wrote:
    As much as I like rubbish food, I draw the line at greggs.

Not sure why the pasty tax is getting so much press? He's just trying to close a loop hole. Personally, I'd like to see VAT on everything. Alter down income tax / tax credits to compensate.

We have VAT on all food here, so when you see some overly proportioned people filling their trollies (pun intended!) at the supermarket, so we already have 'fat tax', I think I am being subsidised by higher rate tax payers :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    They can stop protesting now. The answer lies right there - "Well, if it's cold when you buy it, it will not be" Order it cold, pay for it and ask them to stick it the microwave. Sorted.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Aggieboy wrote:
    They can stop protesting now. The answer lies right there - "Well, if it's cold when you buy it, it will not be" Order it cold, pay for it and ask them to stick it the microwave. Sorted.

That's not allowed. Microwaving or supplying a microwave is seen as the value added.
    exercise.png
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    TheStone wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

That's not allowed. Microwaving or supplying a microwave is seen as the value added.

:roll: Thought I was being a bit optimistic.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    No, never eaten a Greggs pasty and probably never will. I had a shop bought pasty once and don't want to repeat the experience; a mess of potato and swede covered in pepper and grains of meat., yuk.

Greggs sarnies seem to be ok though, I' had those on a couple of occasions.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    more of a steak bake man myself, I find 1 is not enough & 2 is too many.

+1 on this, or is it two...