Cambridge Riders

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Hi All,

very surprised to find there is no rides area on the road forum like in the MTB forum, so I have had to put my question there! I just moved back to Cambridge, and know no-one who rides here except for the standard city bikers, which doesn't interest me as much.

I'm riding a singlespeed rigid at the moment, with plans to get myself a road bike eventually, but need to meet up with people and start training, otherwise im going to go crazy.

Anyone about?

Comments

• vs4b
    vs4b Posts: 257
    Yep I'm in camb, well near enough. Pm me if you like.
  • xpc316e
    xpc316e Posts: 43
    Cambridge CTC organise plenty of rides.
    Riding a Dahon Jetstream P9 folder, a Decathlon Fitness 3 flat-barred road bike, a Claud Butler Cape Wrath MTB, a TW 'Bents recumbent trike, a Moulton-based tandem, and a Scott CR1 Comp road bike.
  • MountainMonster
    xpc316e wrote:
    Cambridge CTC organise plenty of rides.

Thanks for that, hadn't come across them before.

ys4b, you've got a PM.
  • MountainMonster
    Anyone else Cambridge located, I will be meeting CTC eventually, but fancy a ride sooner!
  • MountainMonster
    Surely someone is up for a ride! Don't be so shy!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Hi,

I live in Cambridge and there is plenty of road scene around here. Have you checked the rides that the Cambridge Cycling Club organise? Every Sunday at Addenbrookes roundabout at 9.00 am with rides for different speeds.

I also go on tuesday evenings with a splinter group - mainly CCC riders - the pace is slow.

In any case, the club should be your first port of call.

Let me know.

Gabriel
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra