College or University MTB Training Courses

Woody80
Woody80 Posts: 324
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Slightly odd question maybe......

Does anyone know of any skills courses that are linked in some way to a college of university? We get a training credit through work each year for anything we want but it has to be linked to a college/Uni. I think it's to prevent mates training mates for free cash!!

I'll be doing a few courses this year but it'd be good if I can get some for free!! :D

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Seriously?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Woody80
    cooldad wrote:
    Seriously?

Is it that retarded a question?
  • cloudynights
    cloudynights Posts: 351
    your having a laugh :shock:
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • cloudynights
    cloudynights Posts: 351
    Woody80 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Seriously?

i think cooldad and myself may be showing our age on this one
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • Woody80
    By the looks of it colleges and uni's do all kinds of guff so thought they might do something that'd be useful to me? People at work have done horse riding, forensics and wine tasting through a college linked course which then means work pay!
    Thought maybe someone might do a riding course hence the now ridiculed question...... :oops:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Crap colleges do that? no wonder our money is going down the toilet...
  • Woody80
    Crap colleges do that? no wonder our money is going down the toilet...
    Seemingly so! Thought I'd see if I can take advantage though - it's private money rather than government funded so I wouldn't be adding to the problem.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Woody80 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Seriously?

Yes, yes it is.
  • Woody80
    Woody80 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Seriously?

Yes, yes it is.
    Really though is it? Enough places run teams and there are governing/accreditation bodies so is it that unfeasible that an instructor could be linked to a college or Uni?

A dead end by the looks of it though. Maybe I'll just spend the money on blood splatter analysis then like someone else did :wink:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Woody80 wrote:
    Woody80 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Seriously?

Yes, yes it is.
    Really though is it?
    Yes, yes it is.
    How many more times do you want the same answer. Pretending to be Dexter won't help either.
  • Woody80
    I don't mean a 3 year full time course or anything. I do only mean a one day/evening class type training course rather than full on education.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You could probably do blood splatter analysis in one evening - just take a trip to Rhyl and leave her in a ditch.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    What about doing some training that will help you progress in your job so that you have more money to spend on shiny toys?
  • Woody80
    diy wrote:
    What about doing some training that will help you progress in your job so that you have more money to spend on shiny toys?
    Ah, that's paid for anyway! This is just for fun training!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    He means so you can get promoted.
  • Woody80
    He means so you can get promoted.
    I got that thanks. That's what I meant in that career enhancing training is always provided anyway. This is purely for anything I'd find of interest. Looks like there is no hope for a riding course so I'll maybe just do something random :o
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Dirtschool are affiliated with Scottish Borders College- they run the BASE Downhill BTEC. But I don't know if that's enough of a connection for you.
    Uncompromising extremist