edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
anyone doing it?

seen it advertised on't telly last night

click
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I am. Signed up to do the 26 miler on the Brompton.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    So, it's just loops round the 13 mile circuit?

That could be fun when the 52 milers go ploughing through the families... there'll be bodies being catapulted in all directions :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I'm doing the 52 miler, and seeing as I seem to have lost my bike mojo with all this wind and rain I'd better WTFU.

@ Agent57 - think I saw a piccy of you on Gateway today looking utterly absorbed at a Dragon's Den thing.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    the organisers ae recommending an 18mph average for the 52 miler - can't see that happening - should be fun though.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I'm thinking of doing the 52. But yes, the broom wagon is going to get clogged up pretty quickly!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    msmancunia wrote:
    I'm doing the 52 miler, and seeing as I seem to have lost my bike mojo with all this wind and rain I'd better WTFU.

I would have done the 52 miler, but they said it was for people who can maintain an 18mph average. I can just about do that on my road bike, but not on the Brompton.
    msmancunia wrote:
    @ Agent57 - think I saw a piccy of you on Gateway today looking utterly absorbed at a Dragon's Den thing.

Heheh, yes, slap bang in the middle between Minchin and Paphitis. I'm making a habit of it - first the Sports Relief conga, now this. To be fair, the Paphitis thing was a lot more entertaining than I make it look. ;) And now I can claim to have had a (short) conversation with Theo Paphitis:

Theo: <some comment about a winning mentality>
    Me: First is first and second is nowhere
    Theo: Second is the first loser
    Me: Exactly, and who wants to be a loser?

I'll be dining out on that for years!

(But now I think you have me at a disadvantage, 'cause you know who I am - will have to watch what I say on here. O_o)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Its a week after my knee op so no unfortunately, not sure on the first mass participation closed roads blurb. I've done a few of the skyrides with the kids on closed city centre roads, shorter & purely for fun but even so.

Generally p'd off with 2012 bike & injury wise. I might try to do Mcr - Bpool as my comeback event, no doubt in the slowest time I've ever recorded
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Agent57 wrote:
    Heheh, yes, slap bang in the middle between Minchin and Paphitis. I'm making a habit of it - first the Sports Relief conga, now this. To be fair, the Paphitis thing was a lot more entertaining than I make it look. ;) And now I can claim to have had a (short) conversation with Theo Paphitis:

Theo: <some comment about a winning mentality>
    Me: First is first and second is nowhere
    Theo: Second is the first loser
    Me: Exactly, and who wants to be a loser?

I'll be dining out on that for years!

(But now I think you have me at a disadvantage, 'cause you know who I am - will have to watch what I say on here. O_o)

Well, you did out yourself with that "World Sexiest Gamer" photo (or whatever it was) a few weeks back! Your secret's safe with me though - what goes on BR stays on BR :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity