Rick, this one is for you

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited December 2016 in Pro race
Rick, I reckon you should really have a Boonen avatar. I have some sick ones if you want one.

Anyway, this is Super Boo

espe_mai_2012_grand.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    It's not really my thing.

Having said that, I'd be tempted if we get a full picture of you in the latest QS top.
    Y'know, quid pro quo.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Oh, look smarty pants speaking French in his posts now.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter

Having said that, I'd be tempted if we get a full picture of you in the latest QS top.
    Y'know, quid pro quo.

Had to get the full kit Rick. Now looking for the cap and socks ; )

If I have one somewhere I will.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey

Y'know, quid pro quo.

Full kit?! No way!. :lol::D

I wanted the full kit '98 Mercatone Uno - but by the time I got round to buying the shorts they only had XXXL. :(.

Seriously, swing round SW one day and we can have a bit of a jaunt.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah may do soon. Am due a ride there but hate trying to get there from s.e. (naaasty roads).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Yeah may do soon. Am due a ride there but hate trying to get there from s.e. (naaasty roads).

Get onto embankment asap - s'alright down there.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Rick, I reckon you should really have a Boonen avatar. I have some sick ones if you want one.

I'm pretty sure there are probably some seriously sick photos of Boonen out there, probably with a few teenage girls!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850

Y'know, quid pro quo.

I wanted the full kit '98 Mercatone Uno - but by the time I got round to buying the shorts they only had XXXL. :(.

Pity. Too small?

Strava is not Zen.
  • rick_chasey
    calvjones wrote:

Y'know, quid pro quo.

Pity. Too small?

tumblr_kwmsf9yEOE1qae9y5o1_400.jpgThey haven't made any that can tackle it. Woof!
  • frenchfighter

Y'know, quid pro quo.

Found one, shoot photo but hey

073.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Rick,

Please change your avatar. Please.

I don't know why, but the one you have makes me think of those guys on Chewin' the Fat. I subliminally considered you to be Ford or Greg, until we recently discovered that you were 11. I now have difficulty reconciling this fact to your avatar.

Please. Pretty please.

You could have one of Cavendish.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962

073.jpg

Is that you Frenchie? Err, shoes and socks! Not very white are they? Can defo do better... :wink:

Like the QS kit though, would get it myself but it won't match my new bike. :D
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Tusher wrote:
    Rick,

Please change your avatar. Please.

I don't know why, but the one you have makes me think of those guys on Chewin' the Fat. I subliminally considered you to be Ford or Greg, until we recently discovered that you were 11. I now have difficulty reconciling this fact to your avatar.

Please. Pretty please.

You could have one of Cavendish.

With Rick's recent Bikeradar promotion his avatar has taken on a new poignancy. It is no longer an image representing his own self. It's an image of what will happen to anyone that pisses ADMIN off.

You have been warned....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12851214

WTF is going on guys?
  • rick_chasey

Y'know, quid pro quo.

073.jpg

Hero!

Haha. Brightened my Thursday morning up. :D

Drop me a PM when you're heading SW way. We can even collude on what we should wear ;). Take your pick - Mercatone uno '98 or QS 2008.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    I'm confused. I always thought Frenchie was a not real person, either the plaything of 3 or 4 people all logging in at different times or someone in the business or media having fun. If the above photo is of a real live human being who actually is FF then this is like finding out Santa Claus is real.

P.s. lovely quad flexing.
  • inkyfingers
    I think for proof we need a picture of Frenchie holding a copy of today's Evening Standard or maybe a signed picture of Alberto Contador?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Alan A wrote:
    P.s. lovely quad flexing.

I thought that! Get him with his muscley legs and low %BF! Certainly looks the part! ;)

Nice work Frenchie! (not in a homo way I hope you understand...) :)
  • TMR
    I think for proof we need a picture of Frenchie holding a copy of today's Evening Standard or maybe a signed picture of Alberto Contador?

Or a loaf of bread, as they do on OCUK forums :)
  • inkyfingers

Or a loaf of bread, as they do on OCUK forums :)

Let me get this straight, you would like to see a picture of Frenchfighter holding his baguette?
  • TMR
    Let me get this straight, you would like to see a picture of Frenchfighter holding his baguette?

LMAO! Double entendre City! ;)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158

Y'know, quid pro quo.

073.jpg

Why so shy? Or are you really Boonen which is why Rick is so keen to 'meet up' with you? ;)
  • frenchfighter
    Haha, you guys. Rick saw me in person at the Christmas meet-up. No need to see my face on a forum. Was going to post the one I have on my bike but thought better of it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • greasedscotsman
    Was going to post the one I have on my bike but thought better of it.

Why? I've posted photos of myself on a bike, why can't we see you in action!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    Haha, you guys. Rick saw me in person at the Christmas meet-up. No need to see my face on a forum. Was going to post the one I have on my bike but thought better of it.

Is Frenchie also the guy in Rick's avatar?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

Y'know, quid pro quo.

Hero!

Haha. Brightened my Thursday morning up. :D

Drop me a PM when you're heading SW way. We can even collude on what we should wear ;). Take your pick - Mercatone uno '98 or QS 2008.

"And remember, the safety word is "Steegmans"..
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • greasedscotsman
    Take your pick - Mercatone uno '98 or QS 2008.

Do you buy kit every 10 years? I bet you can't wait until 2018 to get something new!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    LangerDan wrote:
    "And remember, the safety word is "Steegmans"..

:lol:
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • inkyfingers
    I have to confess my first thought was "nice quads". I bet i'm not the only person who thought that, it's a cyclist thing.

I was doing race training the other day and during the warm I got chatting to a guy riding next to me, we'd been talking for a couple of minutes when I realised that I hadn't actually looked at his face, but I had already sussed out what sort of rider he was and how soon he would get dropped from looking at his legs. Turns out I was right...he got dropped about the same time I did.