No more commuting?

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
It's all but a done deal...I'm going to be made redundant end of next week, so will no longer be a commuter :(:cry:

Am likely to be going self-employed and am likely to be back working in London, but am unlikely to be based in London so if I'm going to ride I may have to get a folder (as my station only allows bikes to be kept there by season ticket holders :evil: ).

It's been fun, and I'll miss you all but I guess that I'll have to duck out of this forum and live on the Road Beginners from now on...

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Sorry to hear that, but good luck with your future enterprises and do keep that rolled up newspaper of yours in check. :wink:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,357
    Um, I don't think there's a very stringent door policy here, they even let the Cake STop lot in occasionally. Good luck with going self-employed.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    But if you're going to go by train surely you will want a season ticket, even if you only get a 7 day one they are half the price.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    But if you're going to go by train surely you will want a season ticket, even if you only get a 7 day one they are half the price.

I need to travel in more than 3 days per week to make it pay from where I live (Aylesbury)

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Sorry to hear it dude - good luck.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Sir, its be an honour serving with you

johnsullivan.jpg

good luck in the future, do pop by though
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Take care "My name aint Sam"! and good luck with the future.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.