Help me identify a shoe

stefantoft
stefantoft Posts: 3
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Hey guys,
First of all thank you for all the great information. I am a neophyte into the world of mountain biking and this is my goto ressource :D

I tried searching around and stopping the video to look for branding or some clue that might help me - but without luck. After riding in my Adidas handball special shoes with flatpedals for some time now I want to try something else. After watching the Norco Sight 2 review video I got interested in the shoes mr. Kesteven is spotting:
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-norco-sight-2-12-46145

Could someone help me out and point me in the right direction? :oops:

Take care,
Stefan from Denmark

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    He's riding SPD (clip-in/clippless) pedals. If you want to go down the SPD route I can easily recommend what I'm using;

Shimnao M530 pedals or the XT version (M785) for twice the price but a lot lighter. Good all round, trail pedal with a big platform that you can put down a few strokes on the odd time when you a miss a clip in. I use Specialized Tahoe BG shoes which are good although if you're riding in the UK - useless at keeping water out but they're pretty light & very comfy.

67249.jpg

"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • marksimon69
    marksimon69 Posts: 62
    like he said ............. :lol:
    Stop ... Stop .... there's something wrong with the bike !!!
    reality: I'm shagged and I need a break
  • stefantoft
    stefantoft Posts: 3
    Thank you for the fast reply felix.london and marksimon69,

I have been looking at the Tahoe and thought that was the ones he was using. The danish weather is not much differente from the british but I am not worried about being wet; that is why I only use merino clothing :D

I'll take a look around the CRC shop and find something to try. I am sure my mountain goat(aka the cube reaction sl) would like some new gear ;)
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    If you are riding in crap all the time - you can't beat Lidl's £15-£20 Mtb shoues. Providing you change the SPD plate for something quality (might as well get multi release) they are fine.