And it seemed so clever...

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Have you done anything recently that seemed so clever, and yet...

My confession. Trying to clean the cooker hood filters I resorted to Gunk, that time-honoured degreaser. To finish them off I put the filters in the dishwasher and now the thing reeks of Gunk, even after five cleaning cycles.

Doh! :(
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Enjoying a nice warm mug of tea in the shower, last Saturday:

1. Wife brings me cup of tea whilst in shower.
    2. I have a few gulps and place on window sill (above bath).
    3. Clean shower and windowsill, knock mug over, mug falls into bath - CRACK!
    4. Approx 2"x3" hole in my bath (right through). Mug undamaged.
    5. Me goes downstairs and sits on kitchen floor with head in hands, wanting to cry.
    6. Phone nice man who who sympathises with my predicament and arrives within two hours to fill hole with some fiberglass, re-acryllic and repaint bath - £100 and bloody marvelous job!
    7. No pocket money for bike goodies this month :(
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    :( No luck. When new paint (gloss) stinks, you can wipe it down with vinegar. Don't know if it will neutralise the gunk though.

Years ago when I were a lad and this was all fields... (still is actually)

We had a paraffin heater and used to get the parrafin in a glass bottle! Well, it sat on the kitchen table one evening and whilst we were watching one of 3 channels, the bottle had heated up to room temperature and burst. Suffice to say, the whole kitchen stank of paraffin for years despite lifting the carpet tiles and scrubbing them. The stench only went when we replaced the carpet.

So I suggest sleeping with the window open. Don't worry about burglars, just chain aggieboy to a post outside - you'll have no problems. Keep him on a strict diet of whole chickens.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    it all seemed so clever to have the top 3 posts answered by me....but i know that will all change - :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Cleat - Re.: Salesmen?.

Are these your relatives? Why are they on my doorstep? I wish they would'nt leave bones everywhere...
    Sorry to hijack your post peddle up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    A few weeks ago we'd run out of dishwasher tablets, dishwasher was full and dishes started piling up on top.

So clever clogs here decided it would be clever to just stick some fairy liquid in instead.

Off we go for a walk and return to a kitchen full of bubbles, damaged kitchen plinth and a very annoyed wife :D
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    A few weeks ago we'd run out of dishwasher tablets, dishwasher was full and dishes started piling up on top.

So clever clogs here decided it would be clever to just stick some fairy liquid in instead.

Off we go for a walk and return to a kitchen full of bubbles, damaged kitchen plinth and a very annoyed wife :D

Ho! Ho! Yes, that was part of the de-Gunking plan. fill the dishwasher with detergent and run on max. cycle. Foam all over the floor, power tripped and it still smelled. :(
    Purveyor of "up" :)